So i made my first trip to deer island flats for flounder and managed to catch a couple, but it could havr been better. Is there any other spots near the harbor that have flounder and what other techniques are there besides slow drifting with worms. Also if anyone that knows anything about fishing the harbor Wants a free fishing trip let me know i could us some pointers.

Posted Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 am

Find sandy spots. I got a couple secrets.

Harbors. Jetties.

Scituate harbor. Hull. Hingham. Cohasset.
Plymouth harbor

Mouths to rivers and harbors.

You can and will get em. 10-30 feet of water. Along sandy beaches.

I've caught them in 120 feet of water on cod jigs.
In August and September you'll find them deep!
Then they migrate back in shallow as the water cools

As the water gets warmer. The fluke will push them deeper.
And the water gets to warm!

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 9:23 am

prov1

So i made my first trip to deer island flats for flounder and managed to catch a couple, but it could havr been better. Is there any other spots near the harbor that have flounder and what other techniques are there besides slow drifting with worms. Also if anyone that knows anything about fishing the harbor Wants a free fishing trip let me know i could us some pointers.

Boston Harbor - try Hospital Shoals

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:23 pm

New to having a boat this season. Can anyone guide me where to go in the Beverly/Salem region for flounder/fluke

Posted Thu May 15, 2014 10:31 pm

I've always heard nothing but good things about the mouth of the Danvers River in Salem, especially the area off to the right side known as the "Clam Flats". Someone can correct me if I have the location wrong (and I'm sure they will).

Posted Thu May 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Western side of misery island there is a large area of fairly shallow water. This is a good spot. Also the mouth of the Danvers river is good. I did well there last weekend on the outgoing tide near the Beverly-Salem bridge.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 9:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links