I live near University Station and the Amtrak Station, so please let me know any personal favorite spots around here that I should try.

- Matt

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 pm

Canton Reservoir and Ponkapoag Pond are real close. Best if you have a canoe or kayak, though.

If you're shore fishing, you can try the Neponset River right there. I used to work right next to it and caught bass plenty of times. Muddy bank, though. Be careful. I slipped down into the river one day on lunch break. Haha.

The Charles in Dedham also has some shore fishing spots.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Thx man, I'll check out all those areas this summer. But quick question; where exactly on Neponset? I've tried behind the train station on the bridge there on Greenlodge St. but gone completely skunked. Do you fish farther down the river back where the ADT and other warehouses were (behing Bonefish Grill), post a map or something showing where exactly please. Thanks.

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 pm

xxmattmxx

Thx man, I'll check out all those areas this summer. But quick question; where exactly on Neponset? I've tried behind the train station on the bridge there on Greenlodge St. but gone completely skunked. Do you fish farther down the river back where the ADT and other warehouses were (behing Bonefish Grill), post a map or something showing where exactly please. Thanks.

I used to fish where the river intersects with Dedham street. You can park right there on University Road and there's a little trail down to the river.

You can also park behind that company that's right there on University Ave and fish some other shore spots.

My company moved to Framingham, but I used to work in the building on the bottom right. I fished that little stretch in red a ton of times and caught fish.

The river used to be a great fishery when I was a kid. Definitely not what it used to be. I took the kayak out there years ago and there were countless little oil slicks everywhere. Kind of gross. =(

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Buckmaster Pond in Norwood gets a lot of pressure, but also has a lot of good shore fishing spots, and the pressure is more for trout than for bass. And it has two deeper parts that are small and easy to find (one is accessible from shore, the other is better for a kayak), and a lily-pad covered area in the north with plenty of bass and pickerel.

Hale Reservation also has a couple good ponds to fish, and it's like 10 minutes from Buckmaster. It does close at 8pm sharp though, so keep that in mind.

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links