Little late in the season, but I have already held one tournament and I am looking to hold a lot more. This will continue next year from April (weather permitting) through the end of October.

1. All boats must be human powered, pedal or paddle; no motors or sails. Kayaks, canoes, paddleboard, row boats all welcome

2. Entry fees are paid per person $50. All fees are to be paid prior to launch. Participants arriving after launch may still participate in the tournament by paying their fee to a tournament official within the first two hours of the tournament; it is the participant's responsibility to locate the tournament officials on the water. $5 of each entry will be put into a pool for t-shirts or swag for winners. $10 from each participant will be held for the State Tournament which will be held at the end of the season.

3. Multi-person boats are acceptable; each person pays the entry fee.

4. Artificial lures only, no live or formerly live bait. No fly fishing.

5. All participants must have a valid in-state fishing license and a PFD. No need to wear it the entire time, just have one on board per person.

6. Start and end times are final and absolute...unless voted otherwise by a majority of participants. 6am-2pm

7. Digital camera and digital scale are required equipment. Please try to get a scale that measures in pounds and ounces. Rapala makes a great one!

8. Scales will be calibrated against a standardized weight prior to tournament start and a handicap established for those weighing light or heavy.

9. Default unit measurement is pounds and ounces. Another unit of measure may be used based on a review of the participants’ scales and subject to a majority vote by the group.

10. Two photos of each fish, must include (1) a full body shot and (2) a clear shot of the scale digital readout and head of fish. Minimum weight for a fish is 1 lb.

11. Remove lures from fish BEFORE photographing them. Visible lures in photos will disqualify your fish.

12. Unclear or questionable scale readings will be subject to review and vote by the group.

13. A scorecard is provided to each participant; participants are responsible for writing in the weights of their fish and totaling them.

14. Completed scorecards and photos must be submitted to tournament officials. Officials will review photos against the scorecard, verify the math, convert the total to the appropriate measure if necessary. Participant and official will sign the scorecard. Signed score cards are FINAL.

15. Up to 3 fish may be submitted; highest aggregate weight wins the tournament. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker goes to the person with the largest fish. In the case of a tie for lunker, the tie breaker goes to the person with the next largest fish.

16. Payouts:
First Place=50%
Second Place=30%
Third Place=10%
Lunker=10%
These are general guidelines, amounts may be adjusted nominally to facilitate distribution of the purse.

TIGHT LINES AND SHARP HOOKS FOLKS!

Feel free to find me on Instagram and FISH BRAIN; JoeM617 is my handle on both.

These rules were derived and modified from TomP's tournament rules. Out of respect for him, our tournaments are held on Sundays. Giving credit where credit it due.

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Posted Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 pm

When is the next Tourney?

Posted Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 am

You guys are one of the better named groups on MAFF!

Posted Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:18 pm

jonh

When is the next Tourney?

Pretty sure it's this coming Sunday at Whitehall.

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Tournament is this Sunday! Please be there by 5:30 for scale verification so we can hit the water right at 6. No lunch break, bring your own food and what not. Please stay hydrated everyone, it's going to be quite warm. Please reply with "I'm in" on here so I can count you in!

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:19 pm

pocketfisherman

You guys are one of the better named groups on MAFF!

Thanks bro!

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links