I'm heading to The Nip Saturday morning, some guys said they didn't know about the Public Access(cartopper access) on Chace Road. If anyone wants to meet me at the boatramp Saturday morning you can follow me over to the other access, its a 5-7 minute ride from boatramp.Or stay on rte.104(Pleasant Street)past Lakeside Drive (where boatramp is) for about half a mile and take a right onto East Street,then another right onto Elm Street, then 2nd right onto Chace Road, it turns into a dirt road, follow too the end and that's the parking area,path too beach and water is on the right(short,flat path easy walk)
If anyone wants too meet up PM me.

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:42 am

I would join ya but on vac down the Cape with family. Good luck

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:20 am

I've been using top water frogs down that side and have been having good luck

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:23 am

man, my first trip to the nip was a tourney earlier this year and it was a trainwreck for me! I didn't know a lot about spring bass fishing and I only caught one fish (which was a dink). I thought I was fishing the right baits, as I caught the one fish less than an hour into the tourney, but the rest of the day was dead. Even if we got last place, catching a bass in an official tourney was still a bit of a milestone for me and I'll always remember it. Have fun out there!

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:19 am

The color purple works well in that really stained water. Also white/tan crankbaits. Work the grass lines on the side with the main boat ramp and the submerged brush around the islands.

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Meeting dace(Scott) at Chace Road Access 5:15ish Saturday morning, if anyone else is interested.

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:26 pm

I got there a little late and met Purpleturkey (Don) as he was coming in. We had a nice little chat and went our separate ways. He had some luck as did I. I got a nice 2lb'r on a top water at approx. 11:30 at the north end. I also got 2 more strikes but failed to set the hook. I will attempt to upload the pic of the 2 lb bass. All in all, it was a great day on the water. My only regret is sleeping to late and missing the opportunity of fishing with Don. He informed me of the tourney, I will absolutely be in on that.

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:48 am

Yes yes yes the early bird catches the..... I was on the water at 5:45,I did pretty good up until 8 and then the bite died on me but I got 5 Keeper Sized Largemouth the biggest was 2.5 lbs, pulled them all off of various types of weeds using a variety of soft plastics....

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:01 pm

Nice! If I didn't get home so late last night...

Don, where is the info on the tourney at the nip? Cant seem to find it.

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:08 pm

It hasn't been posted yet, he posts the sign up for them 2 weeks before the Tourney usually on Sunday night, the Tourney is on Sat Sept 12th, they'll be a Link too the tourney rules on the sign up also.

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Oh yeah, that's right. I'll keep my eyes peeled . Thanks for the info. I'm going out tomorrow am at the nip, bout 6ish if anyone's interested. Weather permitting.

Posted Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links