Here's the next tourney. Unfortunately, I will be away and unable to fish or run this so someone who is fishing will have to step up to organize things on site. It's pretty easy and I can forward some materials which will help.

Date: Saturday, September 19
Location: E. Brimfield Reservoir, Brimfield/Sturbridge http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/dfg/dfw/habitat/maps-ponds/dfweast.pdf Launch from lot on North side of Route 20-on the right as you head East on Route 20
http://maps.env.state.ma.us/dfg/fba/index.htm?FBA_ID=41
Arrival: 6:00AM Launch:6:30 AM Weigh-in: 12 noon
Entry fee: $20
Payout: $120 first place, $60 second place, $20 third place, $20 lunker bass (assuming 12 participants)

Kayak Tourney Schedule and Rules are found at: http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/2015-kayak-canoe-tournament-schedule-and-rules-t12350.html

To enter, simply post "I'm in" or something to that effect.

1.kenwood

Last edited by tomp on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 6 times in total

Posted Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:36 pm

tomp

Here's the next tourney. Unfortunately, I will be away and unable to fish or run this so someone who is fishing will have to step up to organize things on site. It's pretty easy and I can forward some materials which will help.

I'll be there, Tom. I can run it for you. =)

Posted Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks, Ken! I suppose the first order of business is to figure out the best launch site. I've never been there but I'll try to check it out this week and make a recommendation unless someone else has an opinion.

Posted Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:44 pm

I would recommend parking and launch from the parking lot on the North Side of Route 20.It's on the right if you are heading west on Route 20. This assumes we get some sign ups!

Posted Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:30 pm

tomp

I would recommend parking and launch from the parking lot on the North Side of Route 20.It's on the right if you are heading west on Route 20. This assumes we get some sign ups!

Looks like there are two ramps nearby. Your comment in the main post makes it seem like the ramp is the one on what, I guess, is called Long Pond. But you're talking about the bigger ramp on East Brimfield Lake, right?

Either way, this place looks great, and big enough for a good number of yaks. Two lakes, or three if you count the one north of Long Pond (looks like you can access all from the water), and a river. Good stuff. =)

Posted Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm

I just added a link for the ramp I had in mind in the main post.(Give this link a little time to load). Looks like it's labeled as Long Pond. There are 2 ramps that I saw close to each other. Both lots are big. It's just that the one on the south side goes to water that's pretty low and with pretty solid vegetation. The one on the North Side goes to the longer part of the Pond and, yes, you should be able to access the south part of the pond anyway. Hope it's clear!

Last edited by tomp on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm

tomp

I just added a link for the ramp I had in mind in the main post. Looks like it's labeled as Long Pond. There are 2 ramps that I saw close to each other. Both lots are big. It's just that the one on the south side goes to water that's pretty low and with pretty solid vegetation. The one on the North Side goes to the longer part of the Pond and, yes, you should be able to access the south part of the pond anyway. Hope it's clear!

I sent you a PM.

Google Maps street view shows the ramp on the north side, on Long Pond, blocked off. This image is from May, though. As long as it's clear, that works for me.

Posted Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Kenwood,
I always use the ramp on the south side of Rt 20 (right across from Velvet Greene Garden Center). There is access to everything north of 20 through a tunnel just to the east of that launch. Space enough for 10+ vehicles and I rarely see anyone else there. Sorry that I can't make this one, but my work trip to OK went a little longer than planned. Bass are biting just fine down here though!
Hope this info helps.
-R

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 am

rivethead

Kenwood,
I always use the ramp on the south side of Rt 20 (right across from Velvet Greene Garden Center). There is access to everything north of 20 through a tunnel just to the east of that launch. Space enough for 10+ vehicles and I rarely see anyone else there. Sorry that I can't make this one, but my work trip to OK went a little longer than planned. Bass are biting just fine down here though!
Hope this info helps.
-R

Thanks, bud. =)

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:02 pm

No problem! Hope you get a decent showing!

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links