I was wondering what would be good for brook and stream fishing for trout, since many streams and brooks aren't frozen... If you guys had any tips for reel and fly fishing on these bodies please let me know thanks!

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:16 pm

flies -i know nymphs work! but i never target winter trout in streams!
ive got natives in creeks with tiny ice jigs fished under logs! but this spot is so tiny i can jump across the creek.

NO I WILL NOT TELL ANY ONE WHERE I CATCH THESE NATIVES!

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Caught 4 decent browns over 2 hours on Wednesday. Brown Hare's Ear nymph was the winner. No, I will not reveal my location beyond saying it was eastern Mass. But this is proof that winter stream fishing is fine.

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:51 am

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks Paul. How is the Swift fishing these days? I don't think winter trout are too particular about the pattern. Just get something that looks like food in front of them and they'll eat. 😀

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:17 pm

Some nice ones just below the bridge i have been told.That section just turned back to catch and keep with bait allowed. I hope it does not get wiped out . Lots of pressure there the last couple times i went . I have been fishing the lower part of the river . Doing ok on Browns and Brook Trout but no Big ones so far .

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links