Just wanted to hear a bit on what you all consider to be a trophy largemouth. It seems there's some agreement that a 10 pounder would be the holy grail for bass fishermen.

I was able to land an 8 pounder last night which is by bar a personal best for me. I wanted to know if this is a yearly occurence for some of you or was that catch a once in a lifetime catch?

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Anything over 8lbs is usually lifetime catch for many people. Include me. I caught 3 7lbs at this year. But no 8. Other friend of mine, is fact a fisher girl, lands 8-9lbs every year. She already land two 8lbs this year. While rest of hard core fisherman will happen to stump into those 7-9lbs every year due to their times being on the water. But yes, I have slump year sometimes but not this year lol. Congratulations on your 8lbs bass. Definitely rare in Massachusetts.

To answer your question - yes, it is lifetime catch.

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks. Maybe I should have got it mounted.

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:20 pm

"Thanks. Maybe I should have got it mounted" Crying or Very sad
you know you caught it, you got the memory, if it was on your wall you would be wishing you let it go. heck of a fish, congrats.

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Amazing fish man, congrats. A picture is better anyway!

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I think anything over 6 in New England or from the from the north is s good fish. But I think the norm for a true giant is a double digit fish. Unfortunately there are not to many swimming around here.

That is a heck of a fish! Instead of mounts where you kill the fish you can still get a replica done that's looks just as good. All you really need is a picture and they can do an identical job as a mount.

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm

bass over 6 is a trophy bass over 5 is big!

MA does give up alot of 5 plus fish! 6s are rare but no where near impossible, 7s you gota know where to look

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm

That's a nice fish man. Good job!

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Holy moly dude, nice fish!

Posted Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:00 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links