Hey guys, anyone ever fished or stayed on or around Moose Pond in Maine? I'm planning a family vacation to Moose Pond. Before I sent a deposit, looking for any input.

Thanks

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 pm

sent you a private message

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Fished it many times.
You will launch on the main road and park on this heavily traveled road.
It is a great pond.
The otherside looks great, but the lily pads are so plentiful the bass could be anywhere.
In the lake where you launch go all the way back to the far end of the lake. It is the best area and will take you all day to fish it.
The one problem with Moose is the hay grass. It is really bad here. Rats work and if you can throw a buzzbait early - do it.
But the docks are the secret here.

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:58 pm

quick

Fished it many times.
You will launch on the main road and park on this heavily traveled road.
It is a great pond.
The otherside looks great, but the lily pads are so plentiful the bass could be anywhere.
In the lake where you launch go all the way back to the far end of the lake. It is the best area and will take you all day to fish it.
The one problem with Moose is the hay grass. It is really bad here. Rats work and if you can throw a buzzbait early - do it.
But the docks are the secret here.

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:00 pm

If its in bridgeton i fished it from shore right by main drag bridge and did well with worms

Posted Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:05 pm

smokecity

If its in bridgeton i fished it from shore right by main drag bridge and did well with worms

Yes, it is in Bridgton.

Can't wait to go, its been a long time since I've had a week long vacation!
Go Fish

Posted Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:29 am

I was told there more muskies in there also but idk i didnt good luck evan

Posted Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:23 pm

I stayed there for a week last june rented a house on the lower basin,fishing was great all week,will be back this june again, if you have questions pm me

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:00 pm

How's the ice fishing on it? I will be going up to that area in two weeks and wanted to check out some new lakes. Was maybe thinking about trying Trickey or Hancock.

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:38 am

billfish54

I stayed there for a week last june rented a house on the lower basin,fishing was great all week,will be back this june again, if you have questions pm me

Thanks Bill, I'll hit you up with questions when the summer gets here!

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:13 pm

I have stayed there 11 years in a row, IM me

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links