lews tournament pro , pro speed, team gold, and abu garcia revo s - all boast great drags and lightweight and strong all are in 30 sizes ( i need something a little bigger than the ten reels i already have ) Cool any experience with these ???

Posted Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:25 pm

I just bought a stradic Ci4 in the 4000 size , got a chance to try it out today , no fish but love the reel. Also for a little less the Saros in the 4000 size is also a good choice. I played with the abu and lews at bass pro and did not compare to the Stradic Ci4

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

i chose these reels based on most features for the least money...they seem to be the best bang for the buck component wise...all built very well. these wouldn't be my choices if money wasn't a factor....still got a lot to buy for the new season....just respooling alone is a big expense....i bought a revo s - about the same as the sx, just a couple of weight related things. should be good from what i hear

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:45 pm

anthonym1

I just bought a stradic Ci4 in the 4000 size , got a chance to try it out today , no fish but love the reel. Also for a little less the Saros in the 4000 size is also a good choice. I played with the abu and lews at bass pro and did not compare to the Stradic Ci4

4000 's seem big for bass ( for me anyways , more line , and more weight ) - are you fishing other species with them

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:55 pm

I just fish for bass, I prefer a little bigger reel, only 2 oz's more for the weight, bigger reel gives me a better line pick up and more stability when fighting a bigger fish esp. from shore. I have been noticing a lot of FLW guys are using the 4000 series spinning reels instead of the 3000 size. I just use mono backing and put 75-100 yds of braid on them to cut down costs on the braid.

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:33 pm

i have a couple of older symetre 4000 on the shelf.....they are heavy- but they are old.....i try to streamline as much as i can these days....arms get tired now...one reason i went with the revo s30 was because of line pickup- 35" and it holds 180 yds of 10#

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Shimano can't be beat if you are looking for light weight. I have Stradic FK and CI4+ reels 1000 size for bass fishing. they are great and under 7 oz.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:12 pm

When i was fishing in the pro tourney circuit in florida all i used was abus but shimano and abu are much better built than anything lews puts out.Lews are great for the casual fisherman but if you are looking for anything to put u over the top i would roll with something better.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:41 pm

rangerdanger

svtraptor

When i was fishing in the pro tourney circuit in florida all i used was abus but shimano and abu are much better built than anything lews puts out.Lews are great for the casual fisherman but if you are looking for anything to put u over the top i would roll with something better.

what circuit did you fish ? I looked on bass rankings under your name and can't find any results .

how did u look it up? im pretty private, my name isnt listed anywhere on here.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:23 pm

rangerdanger

svtraptor

rangerdanger

svtraptor

what circuit did you fish ? I looked on bass rankings under your name and can't find any results .

says your name is William Francis on your profile , but maybe your fibbing about both things. Lol

william is my first name francis is a nickname, believe what you want i gain nothing by lying about anything. Was just trying to help a fellow angler out. cheers

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:35 pm

rangerdanger

svtraptor

rangerdanger

svtraptor

rangerdanger

svtraptor

says your name is William Francis on your profile , but maybe your fibbing about both things. Lol

william is my first name francis is a nickname, believe what you want i gain nothing by lying about anything. Was just trying to help a fellow angler out. cheers

I thought their was no name on the site? What circuit did you fish ?

pro circuit, stopped in 13 new job, moved up to mass with my family, now i just fish for fun.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:49 pm

so anyways... i bought the revo 2s30and it feels great, i do small tournaments and this reel is plenty good for what i'm doing.... $ 100 ? it's built just fine... there are a lot of great 60 - 120 dollar reels....i own a bunch of 'em

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

I've had a lot of success with Okuma spinning reels. Super smooth and have found them on sale at Dick's for under $50.
I find they are a better deal than Shimano in the $50 price range.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:47 pm

okuma trios for me ....until it disappeared out of the back of my truck - it was very nice, very smooth....i agree with simano's lower end not being as good of a value....to get to their better reels you gotta spend more money....i realized this with the lightweight stuff anyways....but there may be a big difference in durability that comes along with the cheaper lightweight models....i just know that for me, if i spend 100 instead of two hundred and get 3 - 4 or more seasons from it , i'm alright with that....i'm always looking for an excuse to buy more anyways....in two years from now, i may replace everything i own for high end stuff - who knows

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Most of my Okuma Aria spinning reels are over 12 years old. They've held up just fine for $29.99
My Shimano Spirex reels for 59.99 not so good.
My Shimano Ci4 spinning reels have been excellent.
I get line twist with all my spinning reels. The narrower the spool, the more line twist.
I only use fluoro on baitcasters because of the line twist issue with spinning reels.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links