Hi:

I am thinking take my boat to South Watuppa for the first time. I heard it is a dangerous place with a lots of unmarked rocks. Can someone familiar with this pond tell me what areas are dangerous, any unmarked big rock in the middle?

Thanks in advance,
Willy

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:28 pm

There is a giant rock just off to the left of the ramp, depending on the water height you can usually see it. Other than that in the middle of nowhere you are pretty safe. Along the banks there are various rocks in about 8-10 ft of water that pop up out of nowhere so be cautious of them. They are also implementing a launch fee this year, $5 a day or you can buy a season pass for the low price of $250. Yikes. You would have to fish there 50 times to get your money worth.

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Where do I start!!! Watuppa can be a dangerous place, rocks pretty much everywhere. If you have never been here then my advice would be like any new place. trolling motor down, eyes open and hit the shoreline to get a feel of the place. But if you must you will be fine launching, driving out into the main body almost to the extreme south end.

Good luck! The launch fee is $5 the yearly pass is $60 that is per State of MA.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:10 am

AS the 1st responder mentioned there is a rock pile about 75 yards off the ramp and a little to the left. If you go straight across the lake shut down the big engine once you become parallel with the island. There is a large main lake point on the northern shore that comes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out. You will see exposed boulders further in but the point come much further out and has submerged boulders . All the way south on the left side ( when driving south there are volkswagon sized boulders about 25- yards off shore. If you are even with the bank to the north shut down. general rule of thumb for Watuppa is no gas motor within 25 yards of shore or at least trim up and go no wake speed.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:02 am

motivator

Good luck! The launch fee is $5 the yearly pass is $60 that is per State of MA.

Thanks for mentioning that, I forgot to look at the harbor master site. I was there Sunday and the sign they have posted down there only says the $5 and $250.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:18 am

thank you all.

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links