kleekamp/wojcik win Tispaquin

there is a god....what can I say?...we had 9#'s in the well at about 10:45am...were down south near the state ramp...and trying to find bigger fish like everyone else was....culled 2 fish there but only gained 1/2 a pound....we weren't feeling the love there so we move back up to the north cove...russ catches a 4# and a 5# there very quickly!!!!....one thing we all learn about tournament fishing....never give up!

1st....kleekamp/wojcik....5 fish ....14.95#....lunker 4.98#
2nd...kutash/Anderson...5 fish...14.89#....lunker....5.05#
3rd.....bednarski/barron....5 fish...14.41#....lunker...4.72#
4tn....fresh/mc carthy....5 fish....12.68#....lunker....3.15#

event lunker....kutash/Anderson...5.05#

honorable mention
wood/nogueira....10.87#
team caudle....10.84#
DeMarco/oneill....10.79#
team naymie....10.79#
team hawgslayer.....10.12#

we had 17 boats

rain was friggin BRUTAL!
next CBH event is fathers day 6/19...6am to 2pm for this on....maybe at the nip or glen charlie

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for putting on the holiday tournament.

We culled up three times and never could get rid of the last fish.

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 3:36 pm

ty mike....plenty of good fishing ahead for us!!!

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 3:40 pm

What were the winning patterns?

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 3:58 pm

stratos1966

What were the winning patterns?

I was junk fishing most of the day.

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 4:01 pm

knit one....pearl 2

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 5:00 pm

We culled like four or five times, but could never get anything real big. We caught a ton of smaller fish, too. We caught them skipping frogs back under the bushes, spinnerbaits, and flipping weeds. And I caught one other on the Whopper Plopper 190.

Posted Mon May 30, 2016 9:17 pm

strange place ken....all those trees and not much of a bite there...tournys usually won off shore in the weeds

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 9:51 am

wojo

strange place ken....all those trees and not much of a bite there...tournys usually won off shore in the weeds

Lots of fish in those trees - but they usually won't be much bigger than 2 lbs.

I fish there all the time and have trouble getting 5 good ones. Lots of 1-2 lbers, but I have to work for fish over 3 lbs. Take a look at the big bags - all of them had a 4.5 lb + kicker. That means the rest of the fish in those bags averaged less than 2.5 lbs.

My 14.44 bag had a 4.72, another fish about 3.75, and a 3.5 lber.

[/img]

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 4:15 pm

I'm just glad I caught fish. The two other times I've been there I didn't even get a bite. No bass, pickerel, crappie, nothing. So this was a nice change of pace. Haha.

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 4:30 pm

kenwood

I'm just glad I caught fish. The two other times I've been there I didn't even get a bite. No bass, pickerel, crappie, nothing. So this was a nice change of pace. Haha.

That place actually has a lot of crappie and pickerel. Probably catch 2 or 3 crappie for every bass in the cold months and I managed a trophy pickerel out of it late last year. I saw one crappie and one pickerel the whole day. I think we went through 10 keeper largemouth.

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 4:39 pm

I too fish it all the time and caught about 16-17 lbs for the biggest 5 two weeks ago. All the fish were tight to the bank or in the submerged weeds right off the edges. Not their usual haunts, most of the bigger fish move deep once the seasonal traffic picks up. Lots of submerged weed beds out deeper with tons of "natural" bait to eat.

Posted Tue May 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Not that many weeds out deep.We had a tough day getting bites.All mine caught on a jig but no size.Lost my first one that felt good.Tough rain and a tough day for us.Congrats to all that caught good fish.

Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links