I noticed some posts in this powerboat topic referencing smaller inexpensive boats. I personally recommend a Basstender 11.3 bass boat. I may get some plastic boat haters out there, however the boat is lightweight, but stable and is cheaper than other boats. I recommend getting the model with a low half deck and high half deck. The newer models from other brands that are still made have awkward decks that limit mobility.

My Basstender has a 9.9 hp engine on it and a trolling motor for the shallower waters. I can get through 4-6 inches of water with no issues and I'm able to bring a good amount of gear with me. Plus the boat has a livewell and all of the bells and whistles of an aluminum or fiberglass bass boat without the price tag. A decent amount of room on the boat for two fishermen.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if anyone has them regarding the boat. Also, the boat can be pulled with a car or truck, that's how light it is. Tight lines!!

The Frogman

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:33 pm

I have a 15 hp 4 stroke and a foot control up front. I modifieds the deck to give me a little more platform room on the front and back. It is designed to lift up for easy access and cleaning.

I installed an anchor system in the back. (will be making an adjustment come spring to the rope alignment)

I also made modifications to my trolling motor frame so I could put the transducer on and keep the wires from getting tangled.

I plan to add another fish finder (back) and some cup and accessory holders this year

I have a two pack battery charger installed also (life just got a lot easier).

This boat has all the power I need to get where I want to go by myself or or with two people onboard.

I have LED lights on my trailer and plan to add some to the interior of my boat.

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:18 am

Nice!! I'll be adding some mods as well for this season. I like the fact that the smaller boats are still stable and can get into some shallow water. Nothing better than a day on the water where you can get through 4 inches of water with ease to get to the big fish on the other side. Tight lines!!

The Frogman

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links