Anyone fish it? can give me any advice? Are they spawning, or post spawn?

Im coming up from Louisiana on Tuesday, and fishing it friday and sunday

Thanks to any who answer

Aaron L.

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:26 pm

boknosbo

Anyone fish it? can give me any advice? Are they spawning, or post spawn?

Im coming up from Louisiana on Tuesday, and fishing it friday and sunday

Thanks to any who answer

Aaron L.

Can't imagine they'd still be spawning there. You might find a few guarding fry, I guess, but it should be well past the spawn at this point.

I don't know much about the place, as I've only fished there twice, but it is shallow. So if you're gonna be in a boat, be careful.

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:04 pm

good info man, thanks

good deal that works for me man, grass lines, and ledges its will be, and if they are still guarding fry ill skip jigs at them

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:17 pm

boknosbo

good info man, thanks

good deal that works for me man, grass lines, and ledges its will be, and if they are still guarding fry ill skip jigs at them

Ledges? This is Massachusetts, man, what's a ledge? Haha.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:01 am

kenwood

boknosbo

good info man, thanks

Ledges? This is Massachusetts, man, what's a ledge? Haha.

LOL dont forget im from louisiana.... only one lake in the state has "true" Ledges....
lol when i say ledges i mean any change in depth over a 1 foot to me is a ledge hahahhaa

hows the water color usual?

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:20 am

Place has some dangerous spots. I suggest no wake speed. Rock piles just below the surface , some shoals and extended point. Blasting down the middle of the lake is no promise you wont hit rocks.
The one danger spot I can point out is off the big main lake point to the left looking out off the ramp. Hug that point about 50 yards off then as you pass it start to move over to the left about 75 yards off the left shore to run up the lake. There is a rock pile straight off the point about 100 yards. Sometimes its marked, sometimes it's not. Also when you pass between the last island and shore an extended point comes out off the left shore start to hook right as you pass the island but not too soon because there is also an extended point off the island running north/ nw off the island. Also if you go to hook around the big main lake point to head south there is a shoal kinda 2/3 the way across which when heading south would be on your right. There are other danger spots but this is a start.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:50 am

well crap...... ahhahha any deeper lakes you would recommend then.....

and if any one needs a fishing buddy at all this next week let me know, ill be at the inlaws house hahha

Very Happy Laughing Razz

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:57 am

boknosbo

and if any one needs a fishing buddy at all this next week let me know, ill be at the inlaws house hahha

Very Happy Laughing Razz

There are plenty within 30 minutes or so from Lakeville, give or take; it just depends on how far you're willing to travel and what kind of stuff you want to fish.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 am

kenwood

boknosbo

Very Happy Laughing Razz

There are plenty within 30 minutes or so from Lakeville, give or take; it just depends on how far you're willing to travel and what kind of stuff you want to fish.

inlaws live in Attleboro, gonna see if we can go to the "Nip", or maybe Norton

and i do believe ima try to fish valley falls pond in RI as well

any other advice, help, anything would be a great help!!

thanks again

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:51 pm

boknosbo

kenwood

boknosbo

Very Happy Laughing Razz

inlaws live in Attleboro, gonna see if we can go to the "Nip", or maybe Norton

and i do believe ima try to fish valley falls pond in RI as well

any other advice, help, anything would be a great help!!

thanks again

Both great ponds. The Nip can be tough, but there are giants in there. It is also dangerous if you don't know your way around. Same with Norton Res. Idle speed is wise.

Posted Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:13 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links