Hey guys, anyone ever fish Clamshell Pond in Clinton?

I hear there are some lunkers in there. From what I can tell there really isn't much shore access, and fishing on a kayak or canoe is the way to go. Unfortunately I am shore-only and was curious if anyone has any tips to fish from the shore on this pond?

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 am

That's a tough one to fish from shore. There is a walking path around the pond with a few spots to cast, but the place is pretty weedy and shallow until you get out in the center. Give it a try, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks for the info.

Since you may know the area, any idea if you can fish at Lancaster Mill Pond under the dam? Also - any access points to Coachlace pond?

Posted Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:58 am

bcbrewandcue

Thanks for the info.

Since you may know the area, any idea if you can fish at Lancaster Mill Pond under the dam? Also - any access points to Coachlace pond?

I see boats, kayaks, dock in the Lancaster Mill pond so I'd bet you could fish there. I haven't tried though.

And for Coachlace, try walking down the train tracks from the east side of the lake off of New Harbor Rd.

Wachusett Resevoir is really one of the best shore fishing spots in the state. Try the South Bay Area if you're looking for largemouth bass.

Posted Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links