Just booked a trip to okeechobee for next week cant F'in wait.. Leaving friday driving down two of my buddies fishing 8 hrs sunday and 8 hours monday!!! YESSIRRRRR!!!!!!

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:37 am

bruno1515

Just booked a trip to okeechobee for next week cant F'in wait.. Leaving friday driving down two of my buddies fishing 8 hrs sunday and 8 hours monday!!! YESSIRRRRR!!!!!!

Just curious .... on a trip like this are you hiring a guide, renting a boat or bringing your own. I'm thinking that for two days of fishing bang for the buck would be to hire a guide.

Have a great time, good fishing and don't forget the pictures.

- Tate

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:13 am

Sounds great!!!!! Have a good time!!!
Take pics!!!

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:46 am

I was going to rent a boat but change my mind and got a guide... Its only an extra 100 a day for the guide and I figured that I would rather pay the extra 100 and have a guide who knows the lake and what the fish are doing on it this time of year...rather then wasting the gas driving around looking for the fish...

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 am

Fished the Big O last week and the lake is on FIRE!!! Fished mostly in the Pelican Bay area. Had a blast! The bite was so hot I didn't even have time to put on sunblock, my guide got a kick out of me running all over the boat.

Here is a 9.9 got on topwater.

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

Bruno,
I might be able to set you up with an awesome bait for the "O".

When you leaving?

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am

Nice glad to hear!... I'm leaving friday

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:01 pm

bruno1515

Nice glad to hear!... I'm leaving friday

Usually I never ever use live bait, but my guide talk me into trying some wild shiners, and it was worth it. They are expensive, $20 for a dozen but well worth the price. There big 8-12in, that's why they cost so much, but bass eat them down there like Pez. One day I went through 48 shiners in a hour and a half. Crazy! I don't think any one shiner lasted more than 2 minutes. Good way to boat a lot of 4-6lbers.

If you plan on flip/pitching look for large clumps of isolated grass and throw right in there. Stay away from the dead grass. Focus on clear water, depending on the wind direction water clarity will change daily. Most important have fun, and catch the fish of your life.

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links