Here are a few pictures from start to finish, I have to cut out a bigger hole for new T handle perko latches, front deck rough, finished front deck, back deck and floor. I have drank 3, 18 packs and one bottle of vodka so far!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

looks awesome mikey, very impressed when are you doing over your liver?

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Liver is good! However I will need a kidney soon!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Looks great did you replace the original carpet? If so where did you buy it and what did you use to secure it to the deck? My 94 Nitro could use a face lift.

Thanks
Ed

aka Happy hooker

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:57 pm

nice work. looks very professional.

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Ed, I found the carpet on eBay its one store if you look up boatcarpetsales you should see the different carpets or www.spartacarpets.com I don't know if it was the original carpet but was time to go. I have used contact cement on all faces and edges. I have over 25/30 hours into this and still not done. I got a 30 foot long by 6'8" roll of Gunmetal grey 20 oz. for $118 shipped to my door,I am on my 3rd can of glue, $31, get a carpet knife and alot of blades! The prep time is unreal,all old glue and carpet have to come off, plus weather has to be warm, if you have a garage that will help,open a window or you'll get high. Read up on how to cut the corners on your lids, when you take off your hinges lable them,lid side boat side, make sure carpet is laid the same on every piece, I drew arrows on every lid floor deck. When you get your roll of carpet find which way you want the carpet to lay,then draw arrows on the back side of that, so when you lay your lid on it the arrows all point the same way. Put every thing in bags and label them. I spoke to Berry's bait and tackle today when I dropped of boat to get steering cables done he noticed my job so far,he gets $2000 for a 18 foot boat. By far the cheapest I have found! If you have any questions call me 508.380.4620 good luck,I hope I haven't scared you away from this project,it is well worth it!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

wow man! great stuff. looks incredible

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Can't wait to it for real!!!!!!

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 pm

very nice!!!!A+

Posted Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:35 am

LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Posted Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Impressive work sir, looks great.

Posted Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Nice work looks great... im actually in the process of gutting mine and doing the same thing.....

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:33 am

Bruno,how many hours do you have into it? I like to measure my projects by the amount of beer it takes,for example bilge pumps will take a 6 pack,next project
After that is hot foot, 3 beers.....lol

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

8 hours of fishing....need I say how much

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Awesome job on the boat meatballs!

Posted Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links