Would have cleaned house dragging a net sunday!! But they wouldn't bite. We found some crazy schools of big fish suspended in 20 plus feet of water but they wouldn't bite anything!!!

Second trip out this year, second trip skunked. Wrecked an eyelet on my new St Croix rod, then dropped it out of the boat, but managed to save it with a quick snag from a KVD square bill!

Another week or so and the water temp will jump. Small pond, 12 ft max last week, water temp was 46 degrees. This week, bigger reservoir, 30 ft max water temp was 44 degrees.

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 pm

I think St Croix has a warranty. You should email them

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Water temps in ponds around Arlington in low to mid 50's. From the reviews, this seems a lot warmer than what I am hearing from everyone else. Depth in these ponds still hits double digits. They are small though. Missed a big one Tuesday on a lipless. Didnt think he was that big until he gets to the boat and has one treble in him. My net (and hence tghe reply to this thread) was under the paddle and one other rod. One jump later, goodbye. Did manage at 2.2 on a crankbait same day. Trying out Spy Pond tomorrow am. Fishing has been decent in this area too. Caught fish on 5 different ponds so far mostly on lipless, jerkbait, and dropshot. Finding the grass has been the key so far.

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 pm

I fished a shallow pond in Andover Sunday. Water temps at launch around 11 am were 49.5 and was up to 61 by 4 pm. I imagine they'll be spawning early there.

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:33 am

water was in the low 50s out around wellesley. the pond i went to has a giant flat that's around 20' and was generally the same temperature as the shallows.

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links