DOES ANYONE EVER HAVE EXPERIENCE OR KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS REPLACED A BENT PROP SHAFT.

I HAVE A JOHNSON 120HP V4

ANY HELP OR ADVICE WILL BE GREAT

SMOKE

I,M GONNA REPLACE BENT PROP AND TRY IT .

I HAVE A RAKER 13 1/2 X 22 13 SPLINE IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY USED PROPS LET ME KNOW K

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 7:41 am

Smoke see if you can find a manual on your motor and ,then call a machine shop, I would think they could straightin it out,if not to bad!!

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 9:24 am

thanks mark for the info bro

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 am

I might be to far away Justin. But I'd give it a shot if you want?

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 12:55 pm

not easy to replace a prop shaft. unfortunately theres a handful of specialty tools required also. I would look for a use gearcase somewhere. by the time you're done it gona be in the same price range. if you try to do it yourself and get stuck shoot me a message. I have done dozens of those.

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I don't know... I rebuilt the lower unit on my 70hp Nissan/tohatsu and it came apart pretty easy. I'm sure there are degrees of difficulty, but if your slightly mechanical I would give it a shot. What do you have to lose right? On that Nissan, I could have replaced a prop shaft without removing the lower unit.

Also, unless a new one is rediculously priced, I would try to straighten the old 1. My opinion.

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 7:01 pm

make sure you don't have water in your gearcase. Pull the plugs for shits and giggles, and check it

Posted Tue May 29, 2012 8:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links