i bought a used 12 foot crawdad on craigslist and i wanted to register it because i have a 55 min kota trolling motor. where/how do i register it? i looked online, but it seems like the registration is for larger boats.

any help is appreciated, i am located in south-coast, ma

also, i don't have a bill of sale, i bought it cash. if that makes a difference.

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 am

You go to the same place you would register any boat. In Boston it is in North Station. Google Mass boat registration for the office nearest to you.

Make up a bill of sale. You will need one. You will also need the hull ID number. It is usually on or near the back of the Crawdad. Its stamped into the plastic. Do a pencil tracing of it.

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

Also you'll have to pay sales tax before you can register it. You'll have to google for that link too

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54 am

awesome, thanks for the help

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am

shawneramone

Also you'll have to pay sales tax before you can register it. You'll have to google for that link too

Good call shawn. I forgot about that

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 am

stratos1966

shawneramone

Good call shawn. I forgot about that

Just went through it so it was fresh in my head. Got everything done in one trip. Almost a miracle

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 am

Haha i just texted shawn this question since i knew he had just done sorry shawn should of looked here ha

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 pm

I finally got around to looking for the hull number. Problem is there are two numbers stamped into the plastic. Any idea which one it would be?

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Can you just bring a picture of your hull number now a days? Doing a pencil rubbing of it seems so archaic.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:33 pm

they will accept a camera phone pic?

i just looked online and they have a office in fall river, hopefully i can get out there first thing tomorrow morning.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Take a picture and do the pencil rubbing.Go online and do the sales tax first,print it out and you won't have to do it there.All you'll have to do is fill out the boat reg. form and pay the reg.Bring a check.They don't take cash.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Thank god, i got it finally done. Was pretty easy. Thanks for all the tips.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Shawn is a s***-ton of information. I just bought a new Pelican Bass Raider and have been bugging him daily about registration questions. He has the patience of a saint for us ditch diggers.

Pdubya

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 3:53 pm

What length pelican did you get? I have the 10e model and love it. Very stable and has a 600lb weight capacity.

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 7:54 pm

I bought the same exact one from Dicks, the 10E. Only been in once cause of the stupid MSO not being in the paperwork and ordered from Pelican but I did find this slapped to the side
and this is the boat

Posted Fri May 10, 2013 8:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links