so Doug and I have been talking back and forth about some great action on our home lake. He was on North side of lake killing them, multiple 5,s 4's and a 6 pounder over the course of a few days. Previously I was on the other end of the lake one mile away. I am killing them on one end with big fish and he is killing them on the other. The common denominator is herring.

long story short, on 06/30 at 11:30 at night, I hook into and land a 7 lb even bass. It had a broken torn up jaw that was healed up already. I release it not far from where it was caught on the Southern end of lake.

On July 4th Doug hooks into and lands a beast. he did not have a scale but estimated it as a high 6 or 7 lb fish. he caught this fish at the furthest Northern point of lake about a mile away from my 7 lb bass at furthest southern point.

I get a text from Roger and he says Dougs fish looks exactly like mine. I got a pm from Biguns saying is it me or does Dougs fish look just like yours.

If it is indeed the same fish, it traveled a mile in the course of a few days. Maybe chasing herring?

So lets here some opinions ...... for a better view, look at the original pics on mine and Dhutch profile

Last edited by kman on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Gotta be the same fish! I have put transmitters in some big girls to watch their patterns. Crazy the ground they'll cover!

Nice fish. Sloppy seconds!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 pm

jcotier

Gotta be the same fish! I have put transmitters in some big girls to watch their patterns. Crazy the ground they'll cover!

Nice fish. Sloppy seconds!

you have? lol

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:18 pm

that looks spot on. pretty wild.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:29 pm

That's funny I was thinkin the same thing!

Top jaw is what gave it away! Defiantly same fish!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:45 pm

When Karl first mentioned it I thought he was crazy, these two catches were on completely opposite ends of the lake four days apart. Nut in addition to the scar/broken cartilage on the left side of the jaw, and the white spot both fish (now the same fish) had a small hole in the lower jaw.

Can't see it in the pictures but I noticed and Roger confirmed their fish had the whole in the same spot.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Doug is that the hole?

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:06 pm

That's crazy?! I guess you never know the possibility's....

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 pm

It was on the fish's lower right jaw/mouth where the skin is thin. check with Roger, he said he noticed it. When you would grab the fish by the lower jaw to hold up you could feel it.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:10 pm

No, that's not the hole. The hole was where Doug said it was. I was going to mention it and say this girl has obviously been caught before and had its mouth all tore up, but it was exciting to just land a fish like that in the middle of the night and we wanted to take the quick pics and get her right back in the water, so that she could live to fight another day. Looks like we did a good job with her!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:23 pm

The upper jaw is identical, I think it's the same fish for sure.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:20 pm

That's wild stuff guys! Definately looks like the same fish...that thing has balls of steel.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Either way it's still a huge 7 lb fish!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm

awesome fish (twins) naaa

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links