Thought I'd better get this posted as the season is already under way! So, as you can see, we're doing substantially less events than past years as there are plenty of new Tourney opportunities available. The criterion for location selection was simple. Any pond which yielded a 10+ pound bag in at least one MAFF Kayak Tourney over the past few years made the list. I will generally post signups here 2 weeks in advance of the Tourney on Sunday night or thereabouts. We're going to keep a field of 15 anglers max. Please don't ask to sign up until each Tourney is posted. These are competitive and fun events so if you've never fished one of these, give it a shot. Here are the locations and rules:

April 23-Lake Boone (Stow)
May 14- Farm Pond (Framingham)
June 4- Robins Pond/Stump Pond (E. Bridgewater)
July 16- Chauncy Lake (Northboro)
August 20- Ponkapoag Pond (Canton)
September 10- Neponset Reservoir-(Foxboro)

MAFF Kayak / Canoe Tournament Rules

1. All boats must be human powered, pedal or paddle; no motors or sails.

2. Entry fees are paid per person; fees will not be less than $10 nor more than $25 to be determined by the tournament host. All fees are to be paid prior to launch. Participants arriving after launch may still participate in the tournament by paying their fee to a tournament official within the first two hours of the tournament; it is the participant's responsibility to locate the tournament officials on the water.

3. Multi-person boats are acceptable; each person pays the entry fee.

4. Artificial lures only, no live or formerly live bait.

5. All participants must have a valid in-state fishing license.

6. Start and end times are final and absolute...unless voted otherwise by a majority of participants.

7. Digital camera and digital scale are required equipment.

8. Scales will be calibrated against a standardized weight prior to tournament start and a handicap established for those weighing light or heavy.

9. Default unit measurement is pounds and ounces. Another unit of measure may be used based on a review of the participants� scales and subject to a majority vote by the group.

10. Two photos of each fish, must include (1) a full body shot and (2) a clear shot of the scale digital readout and head of fish. Minimum weight for a fish is 1 lb.

11. Remove lures from fish BEFORE photographing them. Visible lures in photos will incur a 1 ounce penalty for each infraction.

12. Unclear or questionable scale readings will be subject to review and vote by the group.

13. A scorecard is provided to each participant; participants are responsible for writing in the weights of their fish and totaling them.

14. Completed scorecards and photos must be submitted to tournament officials. Officials will review photos against the scorecard, verify the math, convert the total to the appropriate measure if necessary. Participant and official will sign the scorecard. Signed score cards are FINAL.

15. Up to five fish may be submitted; highest aggregate weight wins the tournament. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker goes to the person with the largest fish. In the case of a tie for lunker, the tie breaker goes to the person with the next largest fish.

16. Payouts: First Place=50%, Second Place=30%, Third Place=10%, Lunker=10%; these are general guidelines, amounts may be adjusted nominally to facilitate distribution of the kitty.

Posted Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Nice picks, Tom. looking forward to getting in on a couple of those dates this year!

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:20 am

Nice. I can make most of these. =)

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:01 am

Excellent, looking forward to these tourneys Tom. Very happy Ponkapoag not gonna be an early season one.

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:26 am

Hay tom I'll be back definitely this season can't wait.

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 am

tom, thanks for posting. Can't wait to get back out there. It seems like it has been a mild but very long winter!

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Tom...THANKS for setting trail up...appreciate the time and effort!
Mikey and I look forward to joining you and our fellow YAKers in a few events this year.
Peace. Lynchy

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Going to try and hit them all Tom, as long as work doesn't try to get in the way!

Posted Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Giddyup

Posted Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:18 pm

My brother and i are gonna be there. First bass tourny for both of us! Psyched!!! Sorry if i double posted. First post here too. Not sure if moderator needs to approve

Posted Wed May 11, 2016 7:35 am

mttrainman

My brother and i are gonna be there. First bass tourny for both of us! Psyched!!! Sorry if i double posted. First post here too. Not sure if moderator needs to approve

This Saturday? Hope so. Five is better than three! =)

Posted Wed May 11, 2016 10:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links