Hey guys, I'm sure most of you have seen some of my posts, videos, trips or what not and understand that I primarily fish for carp.

That being said I also volunteer in the National Parks service VIP program and host a website centered around that. In fact in the next day or two I will be posting a trip based around this weekend which I sadly blanked on but, it was Smokey the Bear's birthday so many other interesting things were going on!

Anyway I don't want to ramble but I am asking for your help. I am trying to start a list for my website of known carp waters across Massachusetts. I know many of the obvious ones like the Blackstone, Merrimack, CT river, Charles, etc etc. What I am looking for are places that you may have fished, either by boat or from shore for bass, pike whatever but have seen and/or heard about carp being in. I don't need specific "spots" persay but the lake or river or pond name would be rocking. I know that many waterways hold them but I am seeking to make a much more detailed listing of lakes/ponds/rivers and what not so carpers can simply go "O hey look, Lake Ripple has carp, I've never fished there lets give it a try!"

For instance lets say you fish Heard pond all the time for bass..but have seen carp swimming/jumping/feeding etc. This isn't something you would normally put in a trip explanation unless you had reason to, but if you could take a moment to post it here it would help a ton. Searching for carp waters online is very difficult to near impossible and most of the State wildlife surveys do not even list them, when in some cases I know them to be in a waterway but they do not show up on any list.

Anyway my thanks in advance and I will bump this from time to time if needed to hopefully get it seen as much as possible.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Mystic river and lakes has Carp. Wedge pond in Winchester is loaded with Carp, Little pond in Belmont, Horn pond Woburn, Spy pond Arlington

there's a few to start

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Awesome man I really do appreciate it, that is a great start!

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Hoping to get some more before I compile the list. It really is difficult to find information online and any help really is appreciated. I will of course credit MAfishfinder and those who submit water bodies as well.

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:14 am

A bump for September, hopefully I can get some more leads. I plan to put the list up on our site and I plan to start doing a monthly newsletter as part of Blackstone Carp..in it I want to find 1 new spot each month from the list and do a write up on it, access, fish, working baits etc. So really any carp waters you guys can add to this list would be awesome!

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 pm

I've seen carp in Lake Quanapowitt (sp?) in Wakefield.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 am

Sweet, thank you. The more we get listed the better we can help others out who may be interesting in carp fishing!

Posted Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:37 pm

I WAS FISHING DUG POND IN NATICK LAST NIGHT AND SAW SOME MONSTER CARP IN THERE. I'D SAY 15-20 POUNDS

I KNOW YOU GOT CHARLES RIVER BUT MORE SPECIFIC IN WALTHAM
THE COVE BY CHARLES RIVER APARTMENTS HAS SOME 30 POUNDERS THAT JUST SIT THERE ALL THE TIME. I USED TO TRY TO CATCH THEM BUT NO LUCK. I AM SURE YOU CAN. BTW ANY CHANCE I COULD GO CARP FISHING W/YOU AND TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING?

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks man. I'll have to check that place in Waltham out..been trying to get out to the Charles with bullshark one of these days anyway.

And I'm always down to fish. Just hit me up sometime. I've been busy with the stuff for our Derby this Sunday the 13th at River Bend Farm...after that though my schedule frees up a lot.

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:21 pm

The Muddy River that runs through the Fens in Boston has huge carp...

Posted Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks..Muddy empties into the Charles as well correct?

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:42 pm

I actually saw a few on the 93 side of Spot Pond one day over the summer. There were even a few of those orange Koi swimming around, I guess someone let them go in there...

Posted Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:05 am

Quinsig river follow it into grafton and behind the riverview apartments it seems like a breeding ground for them. Caught many 15 to 25 pounders and during the day you constently see them jumping, def check it out never disapoints

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah behind the Riverveiw Apartments off 122 was a nice place. There used to be a dirt road past the dumpsters with a large dirt boat launch.

Sadly this year they have had it blocked off and are constructing something, I do not know what but it looks like the spot may be gone. With the construction/private property where the old Fisherville mill was this was the only access above the dam..

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm

edit

Last edited by rippinlips13 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links