Hey guys I know this sites for mass but I'm stationed down in Pensacola and I'm dying to fish and I have questions. Where do I began? No really where do I start with my tackle box? And techniques? does it change for the fish down here.

Posted Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

regan91

Hey guys I know this sites for mass but I'm stationed down in Pensacola and I'm dying to fish and I have questions. Where do I began? No really where do I start with my tackle box? And techniques? does it change for the fish down here.

Every where you look in the whole state of Florida looks like a good place to bass fish. Many housing communities, shopping malls, strip malls, banks, or even dunkin donuts seen to have small ponds filled with bass. However, most of these are posted no fishing manly for insurance reasons. See the sign I posted for why. Find the ponds that you are allowed to fish and throw a senko.

Posted Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 pm

There is a huge pond on the base towards the front gate but unfortunately there's an officer golf course between me and it. I don't know if i should risk going there. I saw some nice looking ponds on the bus ride here.

Posted Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm

regan91

There is a huge pond on the base towards the front gate but unfortunately there's an officer golf course between me and it. I don't know if i should risk going there. I saw some nice looking ponds on the bus ride here.

right near your profile picture in the top right hand corner is a drop down box there is a fish finder site for every state, Mass is the top ranking fishfinder site out there the other states dont seem to have as many active members, I go to Okeechobee every february and flip the grass might be a good place to start where you are

Posted Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 pm

I lived in Tampa, FL while in college and the best thing you can do is get out there and meet other fisherman, especially if you don't have a boat. If you are fishing for bass you can't go wrong with flipping, top water, lipless cranks and worms. Florida strain bass are fickle and cold fronts are a nightmare. Bed fishing is unreal down there too. If you get the chance try night fishing for snook around boat docks, red fishing with live bait or tarpon. Enjoy!

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm

I just bought a decent rod from a shipmate and I'm gonna try a few casts off the pier on the base. I met a few fisherman at a local bar but once they found out that I'm a yankee they more or less told me to piss off.

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links