OK, seems like no one has posted on this fish yet. Anyone catching flounder this year.

In years last in my other life down the Cape I used to fish the Power Plant (Plymouth) intake and catch a lot of flounder. Have not fished the plant since I moved back to the north shore.

Anyone hitting flinder from the beaches around the north shore?

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:02 am

I have yet to catch a fluke on the cape in 2 years

Posted Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:20 pm

I caught my first flounder at Parker River in West Yarmouth next to the bridge rt 28 next to Pier 7 where I'm staying for the week I use a old yellow shrimp 3inch ,let seat at the bottom of the river in low tide tap it twice before it hit had my scale and weight it at 15oz{catch and release} Depends on the direction of the current going in at High Tide or Low Tide heading out the current is fast flow.

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 am

Flounder are caught in Gloucester harbor off the dogbar jetty and stagefort park. I've also caught them off long beach at low tide. More spots are off deer island, red rock in lynn, fishermans beach in Swampscott, lynn harbor. When targeting flounder in a boat ALWAYS use a chum pot. Crushed clams work well. Use small pieces of clam and or seaworms for bait.

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links