Just wanted to post this as a FYI and see if anyone else has had this issue or if your looking to buy a Kayak ...
This is my 3rd Ascend FS10 camo Kayak from Basspro. I bought on 6/23/13 and then a small crack appeared under the seat, where the plastic knob or seat leg sits on the Kayak floor. Exchanged for a new one on 5/20/14 Ascend FS10 camo .On 9/4/2014 my new one gets a leak, same exact spot, return to Basspro they only have one left Ascend FS10 titanium, did the exchange. I had ask for a trolley anchor for free because I bought one there for my old one but they said no. At this point I was getting the feeling like I did something wrong and was trying to screw Basspro. I'm now talking directly with Ascend via email, phone and pictures on a resolution.
I love this Kayak, great for fishing, light weight, handles good but if they leak Whats else is out there for $500 fishing kayak?

Posted Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:06 am

I have the same kayak as what you have Ascend FS10 also in titanium. Mine is three years old and I have never had any issues with it. I take mine out probably two to three dozen times a season from Lake Winni to small rivers and farm ponds.

Hopefully this is just a fluke for your boat, although two or three times is frustrating.

Posted Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:32 pm

I have an LL Bean Angler edition Manatee that I've been fishing from for the past 5 years. It has held up well, except when I dragged it completely loaded across a parking lot and put a small hole in the bottom. I found some epoxy patch at West Marine for 30$ and it worked great, its been patched for the last year with no leaks.

LL Bean also takes anything back, but I figured this would be crossing the line. I think I originally paid around $500 for it. It seems like the problems you're having with the Ascend would be covered by LL Bean no problem.

Posted Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:01 am

Thx for the reply. I let you know what Ascend says or does.

Posted Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:31 pm

i have a future beach trophy 125 i think it is.. like 350 not a year old but going well as i take it out MOST days! off topic stump but what breed of dog is that?! saw some in a video and cant find the breed!

Posted Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:31 pm

bruinsbrawler17

i have a future beach trophy 125 i think it is.. like 350 not a year old but going well as i take it out MOST days! off topic stump but what breed of dog is that?! saw some in a video and cant find the breed!

LOL she (Jackie) is a mutt that I bought from a local pound. Great dog! I think shes part Rhodesian ridgeback and Shepard hound mix.

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 pm

must be a certain mix because the video had two of the same dogs and looked exactly like that. awesome vid. they had a tire (literally a tire) that was their toy stuck in the middle of an above ground pool and used team work to get it out!

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links