I am thinking about fishing ashland res this Sunday. Anyone know if it's been stocked yet? I know they stock the last week of sept to Columbus Day in October. I've been there before with decent luck from the shore. I am finally taking the little Jon boat out with a buddy in hopes to catch a few trout primarily, but if the bass are biting then hey, it's all good. Finally a shore fisherman no longer! Any good spots I should try for trout in the morning? Should I be throwing spinners nd spoons? Using power bait seems like shooting fish in a barrel. Thanks!

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Give the Ashland Town Hall a call to see if the stockings have happened yet as they'll know better than anyone. I'm curious about that as well.

As far as good places to troll for trout or areas to fish for them, try by the island in the middle of the lake on the NW side. It's pretty deep there and a channel runs through it. Try a Mepps bucktail or a a dry fly.

I know further down by the dam can be pretty good as well. I've really only fished this place from the shore but I can tell you that Powerbait = ez-mode thing isn't true. It's just a waiting game - the same as using minnows for bass or cutbait for stripers. Still gotta find the right area and use the right rig.

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:48 am

Ma wildlife always post there stocked waters online it will tell you where and when it was stocked

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links