Hey, im looking for some hardcore carp fishing enthusiests, since no one I know likes to fish lol, to come chill wit me and try to catch a beast that has eluded me for months now, its possible a 40lb carp, maybe 35lb...

Im willing to reveal my secret spot that no one else in the world fishes..it holds maybe 100 visable carp some days and also small mouth bass running in the 1lb to 1&1/2 lb range, so abundent it gets boring after a while because they hit even the lamest lures.

If your interested hit me up, gonna go this Monday or Wednesday morning to afternoon since the rains should bring the biggest carp to my location!!

I live in Dracut Ma, and my location is in Lowell Ma on the merrimack!! Post me a reply if you wanna come along!!

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:05 am

Is it a big current section? Would make it nasty on Monday if we get the 5-10 inches of rain we might get lol.

I'd be curious to check it out if it isn't in some dingy section of Lowell lol, Last time we went to one of these weird back sections of Lowell a hobo tried to stab a friend of mine...

I have a ton of particle/boilies and groundbait sitting round though as I didn't manage to fish today like I was planning so I am game. Though what kind of access is there. If your planning ot get a few people will it hold them, well hold them and not be utter chaos on a run heh.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 am

blackstonecarp

Is it a big current section? Would make it nasty on Monday if we get the 5-10 inches of rain we might get lol.

I'd be curious to check it out if it isn't in some dingy section of Lowell lol, Last time we went to one of these weird back sections of Lowell a hobo tried to stab a friend of mine...

I have a ton of particle/boilies and groundbait sitting round though as I didn't manage to fish today like I was planning so I am game. Though what kind of access is there. If your planning ot get a few people will it hold them, well hold them and not be utter chaos on a run heh.

They're not hobos, they're domicile-disabled. Very Happy

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 am

Hello. I just became a member to this forum and saw your post. I am going to be visiting boston area in 2 weeks. I am coming up from the south florida area and would like to do a little fishing when I am up there in 2 weeks. I'm interested in some of that carp and smallmouth you are talking about. We catch grass carp down here in florida, but not the common carp in your area. No smallmouth either. Would love to cross these 2 species off my bucket list.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 pm

floridafisher

Hello. I just became a member to this forum and saw your post. I am going to be visiting boston area in 2 weeks. I am coming up from the south florida area and would like to do a little fishing when I am up there in 2 weeks. I'm interested in some of that carp and smallmouth you are talking about. We catch grass carp down here in florida, but not the common carp in your area. No smallmouth either. Would love to cross these 2 species off my bucket list.

That should be easy. Both common carp and SMB are in the Charles river as well.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm

floridafisher

Your looking in the wrong places then. defo carp in Florida, has been for a very long time with a good size to them as well.

For instance http://www.onlinefishing.tv/articles/yourarticles-article/51/

and an interesting read on Smallmouth in Florida... http://www.riverbassin.com/site/floridas-shoal-bass-suwannee-bass-just-where-did-these-%E2%80%9Csmallmouth%E2%80%9D-come-from/

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm

There is crazy amount of space maybe a 1/4 mile of beach, easy access, its right below a 100ft long waterfall that drops down 25+feet into theses deep whirpools of churning water...all of this is is underneath a bridge that shields you from all elements...there is so many carp sometimes i get overwhelmed..if you wanna go let me know by tomorrow and we can meet up somewhere

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Florida fisher give me some dates ur gonna be free ill check it with days i got off and ill treat you to some new england fishing

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:39 pm

blackstone carp, I know these species are in florida, but north florida and primarily in the panhandle. Thats a 12 hour drive from the florida keys and key west where I am located. I run a 29 foot openfisherman there. I'd rather vacation the Boston area and get these species there.

Cinemod, thanks for the invite, I'm in. I fly in the 9th of september and will be there through the 11th at night. So, I can be available saturday the 10th preferably. If not, the 11th in the morning. Thanks again for the invite.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:36 pm

cinemod

There is crazy amount of space maybe a 1/4 mile of beach, easy access, its right below a 100ft long waterfall that drops down 25+feet into theses deep whirpools of churning water...all of this is is underneath a bridge that shields you from all elements...there is so many carp sometimes i get overwhelmed..if you wanna go let me know by tomorrow and we can meet up somewhere

I am pretty sure your spot was blown out yesterday, if not you would of needed 12 ounce weights to hold bottom LOL

I was downstream at bit, water was ripping by and it was brown, watch out for those trees coming over the dam.

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:56 pm

we got about 10 carp total, between 5 and 18 lbs, lost several in the new structure(trees), also got fallfish, bullheads, white cats and a turtle Rolling Eyes

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:01 pm

I would like to meet up sometime to fish! Please let me know! Thx

Posted Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links