If your ever get caught in the rain or your crazy enough to still go fishin in the rain ( Laughing like me). What lure, presentation or technique works best?

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 6:00 pm

I find frogs work great in the rain, in particular Zoom Horney Toads.

Throw them in some cover and they get slammed.

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Went last sat during the downpour. Between the three of us we caught quite a few on jigs and lipless cranks. I dont think the fish really care about the rain too much. If anything it stirs up the water and makes them active.

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 8:03 pm

Its not raining underwater! I've had luck with spinners and crankbaits.

Posted Wed May 12, 2010 9:44 pm

First the fish dont mind the rain, they are already wet! The two biggest fish of my life I caught in the rain. Black worm off of a tree that was half in the water. Good luck!

Posted Thu May 13, 2010 1:13 pm

same stuff... you just get wet, that's all. Although the rain dimpling the water's surface will cut down abit on the sunlight penetration, which is usually good.

Later on you may get some changing water clarity, but that can actually improve fishing - sometimes.

I've caught crappies as fast as you could get your jig back in the water during a steady rain, but I don't think the rain had anything to do with it. Just like real estate, the three most important things are location, location, and location.

Posted Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links