I have one day to fish this weekend with some live shiners. What pond or lake would be my best bet? By the way, I'm in chelmsford so anything in the Merrimack Valley would be great.
Thanks.

Last edited by mafisher_321 on Thu May 26, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed May 25, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm assuming there is a lack of replies because of how broad your question is. Need to know where you're generally located, fishing from shore, from a boat, your experience, time of day, etc.

Posted Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 am

Ok lemme edit that

Posted Thu May 26, 2016 2:30 pm

I live in Chelmsford as well so like the other guy said, be a bit more detailed on if you have a boat/kayak etc and I can suggest a few ideas.

Posted Thu May 26, 2016 5:27 pm

I'm thinking the live shiners is keeping people away. I don't know how any of you feel but I feel like you could go anywhere and catch fish with live bait

Posted Thu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

shawneramone

I'm thinking the live shiners is keeping people away. I don't know how any of you feel but I feel like you could go anywhere and catch fish with live bait

Possible. Like anything in fishing, a situation dictates the presentation. At times live shiners are the go to for a score, other times I could not be parted from an unweighted wacky rigged senko for any price.

You can fish shiners in a bad spot all day and catch nothing. On Rodman Reservoir in Florida last March, I can tell you live 9-14 shiners was the best way to entice the big boys!

Posted Thu May 26, 2016 6:59 pm

You almost always use shiners in Florida when you go out. Its a guaranteed way of catching fish. That being sad were talking about MA and i agree with shawn. Ive never went out with live shiners and got skunked. Of course a wacky senko almost always works in any situation because its so versatile. Back to the question at hand id go anywhere you want, go on google maps and look for ponds around your area. Then google the pond that you like. That should give you more then enough info be it fishing pressure, species, and past trips people have been on. Good luck

Posted Thu May 26, 2016 7:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links