Rich, was that particular bass (the 7+) caught cranking or waking? Do you find one leads to more fish or more size?

Great fish everyone

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:14 pm

I was waking it when I caught it. Both techniques are equally effective. A friend of mine got a 7lber cranking one down. It depends on time of day and the type of lake and weather conditions you are fishing.
This fish was 7lbs 4 oz and she hit cranking it down.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:12 am

Tstrat Rat??

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:55 am

what are you using for tackle,rod ,reel and line?

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 pm

I have a couple swimbait rods. They are the shimano crucial heavy swimbait rod. Its 7'11" I use a shimano curado dhsv reel and spool one up with 50 lb braid asnd the other with 25lb mono. I always use a snap ( not a snap swivel) to attach my baits to the line.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:09 am

You mean this thing james?

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:11 am

THe one in your video on Facebook! It looked black but it was underwater.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:12 am

stratos1966

spool one up with 50 lb braid and the other with 25lb mono.

Do you find there is a difference between the 2 line choices? Do you use one over the other for difference scenarios?

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 am

James, thats the bait. There is only 1 in exsistance.

As far as line choice goes Time of day, fish aggressiveness and water clarity play a roll. A lot of swimbait guys frown at the use of braided line but I feel it definitely has its place and time. I have lost big fish on both braid ( when the fish surged at the boat and pulled the hooks out) and on mono ( when the fish hit right away on a long cast and did not get a great hookset and the fish threw the bait on a jump.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:24 pm

i got 20 floro but i still cant get a bite on it! i miss spring when the hudd bite was awesome. summer time and i cant get a bite on a slammer or a hudd

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links