What are the bass doing right now?
What lures to use.
The bite has been slow lately.
Today and yesterday sucked.

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 pm

I feel your pain. I haven't caught a fish in over a month. Apparently, I need to change something from my summer locations and tactics, but I'm at a loss as to what that is.

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Jerbaits,med crankbaits and jigs

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Jigs, jigs and jigs. All day Sunday was small jigs off windy points for me.

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am

If the wind didn't suck the past few days I would of probably caught fish. I couldn't stay on the spot and fish.
Hopefully next Sunday Monday are calm

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:17 am

You gotta make the wind your friend. Last year I wouldn't go out on windy days. This year I've found myself wishing for it. I'm not talking hurricane force but a nice breeze to stir things up.
http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/randy-howell-fishing-fall-wind

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:38 am

Im been just moving water lately. Hope a fish will rise soon

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 am

Fished Monday in the a.m.
Same not a bit, but I caught a nice trout set up instead. I think the bass are trying to tell me something? haha! Have caught a few this month on jerk baits & jigs, off of rocky points.

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 am

Fishing in a kayak in the wind is a pain.

I got a pond with a lot of deep water. Very little shallow water. Steep drop offs.
Only gets to 20feet.
Would the bass be suspended? Shallow? Or along drop offs?
How would you fish it?

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 pm

First off, if you're in a kayak you need a drift sock and/or an anchor. I have both. I've been out several times this month and the wind has just been brutal. And yes, the fishing has been quite slow at times. I was out for 2.5 hours on Monday and registered 1 pick and 1 bass. Had two other hits (picks I think) but lost them before I could identify. I finally paddled back in because I was so damn tired of the wind and there was no action. I had one pick in the tourney at Upper Mystic last weekend and my partner had one bass. So yes, things have slowed down a lot. The temps on the water I've been fishing is now in the low to mid-40s.

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

First off, if you're in a kayak you need a drift sock and/or an anchor. I have both. I've been out several times this month and the wind has just been brutal. And yes, the fishing has been quite slow at times. I was out for 2.5 hours on Monday and registered 1 pick and 1 bass. Had two other hits (picks I think) but lost them before I could identify. I finally paddled back in because I was so damn tired of the wind and there was no action. I had one pick in the tourney at Upper Mystic last weekend and my partner had one bass. The temps on the water I've been fishing is now in the low to mid-40s.

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Water temps that low! Damn!
I've been finding water temps in the low 50s. I did find 49 the other day

Posted Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links