Hi guys and gals, I just got home from my last ocean trip of the year. It started off slow till we spotted some bird activity near the northern jetty outside the mouth of the Merrimack. Tide was till going out and we got into some awesome surface blitzing. I think they were hitting sandeels or peanut bunker, both were coming out of the blues mouths. There were all different size fish surfacing and good sized stripers below them. It took me four different lures to figure out which one they wanted. The lure of choice today was a split back Rebel silver and black flavored. I only had one so my buddies just casted what they had and got frustrated. I caught 8 fish. My Rebel needs a new paint job and a new set of hooks but I think it will rebound to see another day. Striper fishing was extremely slow in the river. Water temp got down to 58 degrees. Time to bowhunt but I will keep checking in, I still have gas in the boat. Good luck to all and happy hunting whatever the prey might be. BTW alot of tuna boys still goin out at all times of the day. SW corner of Stellwagen is still hot, the color is black. see ya The Buckmaster

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links