Anyone gone fishing for blues up at the cape? Thinking about heading up there next week and want to know where they're running. Let me know if you've had any luck.

Posted Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:22 am

Can't really say for sure as most of my fishing has been in Buzzards Bay not the cape. I am perty sure I read something not long ago (though can't remember where now Sad ) that there was some blues caught near Seagull Beach...though again not familiar with that area too much myself.

I do a lot of fishing from shore in Buzzards Bay, and I can say at least from shore I have gotten a bunch of Scup , Sea-Robbins and such but no Blues, landed at least ( I suspect I had one on but he shook the hook mid jump fore I could get a good look). SO I would say that at least from shore in Buzzards Bay/south of the Cape, Blues have been slow at best.

Dun think that helps all that much but well..what can I do Smile

Posted Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 am

what's it like to pull in a blue? what do they look like? ive never caught one. this is the first year since i was little before ive done any saltwater. my grandfather passed away and ive got no one to teach me... please help

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:45 am

Depends on the size really..but pound for pound I think Blues are one of the fiercest fighters you can find. They eat like crazy too..when your out along a beach/bay or what-not keep your eyes to the water and look for large flocks of birds feeding off the water. Chances are this is a school of Blues just tearing apart baitfish..and if you can get a lure to that area..any lure really you will catch some.

additional reading too that will help explain some;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluefish

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:28 am

overstdr

Anyone gone fishing for blues up at the cape? Thinking about heading up there next week and want to know where they're running. Let me know if you've had any luck.

Razz I found bluefish on the south side Harwich area there is a lot of life in the water in this area good lock.

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 am

alot of action at the west end of the canal,some keepers but even the schoolies are giving a great fight.

Posted Wed May 13, 2009 6:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links