In the Spring 2015 Bass Pro catalogue, I was flipping through the pages when I saw a multiple page bowfishing ad, titled something like "Take Back Your Waters" with pictures of guys holding up dead carp. Disgusting. I get that bowfishing is a popular thing still, and the stores sell that stuff to make money, but that title was uncalled for. They should be promoting catch and release, not kill-and-throw-on-the-shore-to-rot. I don't want to flip through a catalogue and see fish corpses.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, that magazine really annoyed me. I liked Bass Pro, but I don't know when I'll be purchasing from them again. I lost some respect for them after that ad.

Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:54 pm

I didn't get the magazine, but you're not alone - this ad is horrible! Bowfishing isn't fishing, it's hunting. And I hate how there are no rules in place to limit it. I also hate how the "state record" fish was shot, not caught.

By the way, there was a discussion about this on the Carp Anglers Group. I don't know if you saw it...

Posted Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links