if anyone is sick of paying 7 bucks for senkos that rip after a fish or two, then listen up. i use the strike king zeros. they stretch twice their regular length and will catch fish so long that the salt in the plastic will disolve before you will need to rig a fresh one. they have ads of baits of this material taking shot gun blasts and still keep on ticking. and the real kicker is that one pack sells for $3.99.
Plus the company who makes the material for strike king also make every type of soft bait you could think of, so there is a bait for every technique! they are called Z-Man baits.

Last edited by michaelharris88 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm

i'll be sure to check them out, thanks for the tip

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 am

Sounds great!

Just a thought though. Do you rig your Senkos wacky rigged? If that's when they get torn off, I heard there are kits out there that allow you to wacky rig plastics without having to imbed the hooks. Apparently, the kit is nothing more that a pack of O-rings and you use the O-ring to the keep the bait attached to the hook.

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

I just read article on ESPN the mag about the Neko Rig Master. Comes from Japan and it's a screw in head that you can use on wacky and rig fishing. YOu screw the head into your plastic and put the hook thru the head. Imparts more action and saves your plastic. KVD wrote an article on it also. Did a search on ebay for it and found a seller. Looks pretty cool.

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:15 am

yeah, i heard about that. i texas rig my stick baits. i just get the other brands torn up so easy. these baits are 10x stronger and way softer then senkos. the feel more life like and are half the price. i get my top water frogs in this material and go several days with one bait. in comparison, i might use 3 or 4 stanely ribbit frogs, or yum buzz frogs. these baits are the future in soft plastics in my opinion.

Posted Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:06 pm

do they have those strike king plastics at Dick's or any local bait shops? or do you have to order them? i'd love to be saving 3-4$ a pack, yamamotos are expensive!

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:14 am

i get mine at bass pro shops, mostly. i think cabelas has them too. i got some at kittery trading post also. im from western MA and there is a bait shop that carrys the Z-Man frogs and creatures. the frogs are awsome. they will float with a 5/0 hook in them. and dont forget that Strike King also makes finesse worms and 8 inch lizards also. all of the strike king baits are avalible at bps and i think cabelas. Very Happy
Mike H

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:19 pm

thanks for the tip, Mike!

***if anyone hasn't been to Bass Pro Shops in Foxborough, YOU MUST GO!!! You will $%#@ your pants. I just went there for the first time yesterday and I was in awe.

Posted Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links