Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could attest to a particular online fly dealer ie; quality/price. Just looking for suggestions, and i wont hold anyone to any possible bad experiences. Thanks, Bill

Posted Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 pm

I personally like riverbum.com; I just got a batch of bass bugs in, and they are well-made, and the price seemed right to me.

If I was a better flyfisherman, I'd tell you how many fish they caught me, but, well...

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:21 am

Thanks for the info. And between you and I, there is still lots of room for improvement here... thanks again!!

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm probably goign to get called out for suggesting a stereotypical, big name place instead of a small fly shop somewhere, but Orvis.com has some great packages of flies as well as a large variety of single flies for sale. They're very professional and I've never had any trouble with them.

Posted Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Im a large fan of LL Bean if you want the quick return time on the order. Also look into Cabella's again for the quick return time on the order.

Posted Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi Bill- feathercraft also has some quality stuff.

Charlie

Posted Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:18 pm

check out fishandsave.com I know next to nothing about flies, but they advertise Hank Robert's flies and they have them on sale. Pretty large selection. I ordered some saltwater deceivers from them for teasers during surf fishing. S&H is reasonable also.

I also have bought flies from a guy on EBAY, his username is riplipsfishing in the past. He hand ties them himself and his prices were very reasonable. Maybe not the same selection, but he is also open to emails where you request specific styles/colors, etc. Good guy to deal with. Here's a link-

http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=fly&_sacat=382&_ssn=riplipsfishing&_odkw=&_osacat=382&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Posted Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 am

I tie my own. really enjoy spinning deer hair too. Make a lot of trout flies for a couple guys and some deer hair mice for another.

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links