Hey Guys and Gals,

I hope everyone's 2011 season is off to a solid start! The fishing so far this spring has been phenomenal-lets hope it continues through the rest of the spring, summer and into the fall.

For those just starting to wet their boots in the striper fishing world, Along with this forum I'll be posting daily fishing updates, reports, and weekly articles at:

http://www.misslorettafishing.com/Fishing-Reports---Articles.html

Most reports and articles will focus on Cape Cod Bay, as that is where we do 90% of our fishing.

Maybe even the veterans on this board can find something new to add to their arsenal-if not that's OK too.

Enjoy the beautiful weather this Memorial Day weekend!

Captain Ryan Collins

Posted Fri May 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Yeh glad your catching them I'm under the strong impression that without a boat there is no fish to be had. I spent the entire week on and around the canal and buttermilk bay and had not one hit. I saw only 3 fish the entire week.

Without a boat I'm afraid I can't afford to drive there anymore to try as I've spent way to much on gas trying so far.

Nice to know people are getting them though Smile

Good luck and hopefully ill be able to get out to hull or kaka island sometime next week but I wont be driving to the cape no more.

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 9:20 am

Hi Sophist,

Sorry to hear about the slow surfcasting. What specific spots along the Canal and Buttermilk Bay did you try?

There are a few creeks emptying into Cape Cod Bay that are as close to a sure thing as one can expect at this time of the year.

When the fish aren't slapping around on the surface, jigging the bottom of the canal with a 4 oz weighted slug-go's has always helped to put big bass on the rocks for me. The key is bouncing the jig right into the deep holes and ledges that litter the canal's bottom.

June 3-7 will host "breaking tides" at the Canal. I think there's a good chance that another big push of stripers will come through the canal any day now-the early morning tides at the end of this week are going to be perfect for plugging.

You are right, gas is a bit pricey!

Hopefully you can find some productive areas closer to home.

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 12:15 pm

misslorettafishing

Hi Sophist,

Sorry to hear about the slow surfcasting. What specific spots along the Canal and Buttermilk Bay did you try?

There are a few creeks emptying into Cape Cod Bay that are as close to a sure thing as one can expect at this time of the year.

When the fish aren't slapping around on the surface, jigging the bottom of the canal with a 4 oz weighted slug-go's has always helped to put big bass on the rocks for me. The key is bouncing the jig right into the deep holes and ledges that litter the canal's bottom.

June 3-7 will host "breaking tides" at the Canal. I think there's a good chance that another big push of stripers will come through the canal any day now-the early morning tides at the end of this week are going to be perfect for plugging.

You are right, gas is a bit pricey!

Hopefully you can find some productive areas closer to home.

COULD YOU GIVE SOME POINTER ON HOW TO CATCH STRIPER FROM THE SHORE OR PIERS I DONT KNOW THE FISHING LINGO SO ITS HARD FOR ME TO READ ON THINGS CUZ IM NEW BUT IM TRYIN WENT TO THE CAPE LUV FISHIN I THINK IM MORE HOOKED THAN THAT STRPIER YOU GOT ON YOUR PROFILE PIC LOL

Posted Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 am

Absolutely.

I can tell you are serious about learning which is great.

"I THINK IM MORE HOOKED THAN THAT STRPIER YOU GOT ON YOUR PROFILE PIC LOL"

Great quote!

So where do you plan on doing most of your fishing?

What kind of gear do you have?

There are many good spots on the Cape if that is where you are planning to fish. Just give me a little info and I'll do my best to at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Ryan

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links