New to the fourm but could use some help Smile . So I've done a lot of carping in Rhode island but now I'm living in mass and could use some tips as to were they are closer to home. Does any one know of any spots near the taunting/attleboro/Norton lines? Well thanks for your help! !!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 pm

im no carp fisherman so my carp knowledge is limited but if you dont mind traveling to worcester there is indian lake (lots of big mirror carp and rather easy to find cause they are actively breaching the surface constantly once weather gets nice) and lake quinsig which happens to be where the former state record carp is from i believe it was 42 lbs but i could be wrong. if you want carp info there are a few guys who really know their s*** on here but the only one i know personally is muskiebigfish he is a wealth of carp info. oh and welcome aboard Smile

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks for the reply and the welcome!! Ill have to check those places out sometime soon. I normally fish RI so mass is all new to me. I know of A spot near me but I want to explore some new places and bigger carp lol. My biggest was 23 1/2 lbs. I want bigger though lol. But ill check them out and again thanks for the help! Appreciate it

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Haha, why is it every time a new carper comes here they are towards the south shore which I know like nothing about?

Any other part of mass I fish..just not south, outside of a lot in RI as well.

To be fair there isn't a whole lot of info about that region. I get asked alot about like Halifax etc and it is just a quiet area on the carp scene. I am sure they are there of course..jus no one really talks about it.

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Going up to Boston today. Finally going to iether the Charles or mirrormac river.I just have no idea where to go lol. Ill let every one know how it goes.

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 am

Great luck and give em hell!!!!

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:13 am

Any good spots on the Charles in cambridge? It would be some good info as I have noooooooo idea where I'm going lolol.

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:23 am

Really anywhere you can gain access to the river you are going to find fish..

For more specific places you could try North Point Park, it has some access, little more East Cambridge. Also where the Muddy comes in around the 2a bridge can produce well.

If you are looking for some pond action you can hit up the Clay Pit Pond and Spy Pond kind of west of Cambridge. Decent fish in both of those. To the south you got Leverette pond, Jamaica pond and Brookline Res.

Should be a good enough start for the area Smile

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 am

mrsfish523

Any good spots on the Charles in cambridge? It would be some good info as I have noooooooo idea where I'm going lolol.

I know for a fact that the carp haven't bit for the last two days, in that stretch of the river. I don't fish for carp but the guys that I fish with were, and they been getting skunked. But they have been landing big fish a year long. Today I saw a pic of a 32lb taking back in Feb.

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Heading out towards Canton any one know spots in Canton/Norwood areas? I'm so ready to fish it sucks not knowing spots in mass!!

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 pm

I've heard the Canton res has carp.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:57 pm

There has to be carp in the Taunton River. I'm going to put in some real effort this spring finding some south shore carp. I know there are some bowfin in there.

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 pm

If you're ever back in canton there is a great fishing spot for carp. In canton center the shell gas station has rail road tracks next to it. Walk south down the tracks ( about 1/4 mile) and there is a pond on the LEFT hand side that holds monsters! You'll definitely find 20+ in there. I used to catch them and sell them to a Chinese restaurant haha. Good luck

Posted Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:28 am

are you talking about forge pond in canton?

Posted Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am

Caught my fish little one this year lol. I found a spot 10 minutes away from where I live. With my bait casted out the swam and ate bread literally a foot infront of me. Didn't seem to care that I was there. The place is loaded with them I have my new spot for a while. I know where ill be everrryyy day after work lol.

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links