Hey all, i am lifelong fisherman new to the niche of carp and have some questions about any " good " spots to catch carp in the mystic lakes/ river ( or if it even matters that much) we will most likely be going out in my friends small boat this friday and would love to hear any advice for landing a few fish .

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:23 am

The head of the Mystic, where the Lower Mystic Lake meets the river, is an excellent spot. Especially along the southern shore and to a lesser extent the south eastern shore. Water is relatively shallow and if you come early in the morning, carp literally jump out of the water, especially when the water is calm. Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:35 pm

The Mystic Rivers (both Upper and Lower) are killer carp waters! I have been frightened by the torpedo sized carp that cruise by our boat on a regular basis there! Shocked

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm

if ever want make a tiny bit longer drive try fairhaven bay in the sudbury river in concord off of 117. I never seen so many carp jumping in my life.

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm

thanks for the tips! hopefully well have some luck. i just finished a batch of boilies so guess well see how those work. i plan on chumming with corn and using the premade boilies as bait ( attempt to conserve boiles obv). we will be in a small boat; should we keep moving along to diff parts of the shorelin after x amount of time if a particular spot is not producing or should we stay put? we wont be able to get on te water until early afternoon - are carp extremely inacitve during this time of day or can they be caught easily around the clock?

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:51 pm

surfsk869

thanks for the tips! hopefully well have some luck. i just finished a batch of boilies so guess well see how those work. i plan on chumming with corn and using the premade boilies as bait ( attempt to conserve boiles obv). we will be in a small boat; should we keep moving along to diff parts of the shorelin after x amount of time if a particular spot is not producing or should we stay put? we wont be able to get on te water until early afternoon - are carp extremely inacitve during this time of day or can they be caught easily around the clock?

I'll let the more experienced carp anglers give the bulk of the answer, but I see carp jumping all the time in the AM and slows down later. I don't know if that means less active, just an observation.

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links