Hello every one. I'm fairly new to the tournament scene and I noticed that many of the bass tournaments require you to have a bass boat. I myself have a 12 foot aluminum and can't participate in the events I'm from the fall river area and was curious if any one had any tournaments or know of any that are around this area thanks for the help.

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm pretty sure you can take whatever type of boat to the big boat tournaments. I have never gone to one so don't quote me, somewhere here will chime in

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

i fish a cartopper vs big boats. They have the advantage of speed and space but we managed 3rd place once.

Posted Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 pm

So you can use cartoopers in those tournaments or is it looked down apon. I'm really just looking for a tournament for just cartoopers and I did see the front page with the list but most of those seem to be out north west. Cook pond in fall river or even wutupa pond in fall river are both amazing im surprised no one has organized an event for one of those ponds.

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:02 am

Get in the truck and drive. There is seldom less than an hour each way for us, but its worth it.

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:58 am

Lol I don't mind driving but I was just seeing if anyone here was planning on having a tournament or new of any in the area( Brockton, Abington , fall river, Taunton, bridgwater) I'm sure I'm not the only one from around here and I figured I would ask thanks to everyone who posted here

Also how do I sign up for these tournaments is there a designated person who deals with all the sign ups ?

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 pm

There is going to be 1 in Norton on April 29th.
It will be posted up in the forum to sign up a week before, so on the 22nd. Just reply in the thread that you are in. As long as there are openings you will be all set.

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:44 pm

First words of advice I'd give is if you sign up for a tourney, be certain you can make it rather than say you can, just to hold a space and only to back out last minute or not show up. Stuff (life) happens, but not every other week.

Secondly, I fish solely in a car topper and while yes, there are obviously some major advantages (Speed to go from spot to spot, electronics, multiple live wells, better fishing view, etc), we have finished in the money a few times against the big boys ourselves. If you can catch 5 fish and get them to the weigh-in on time, you have just as good a chance to win as the other boats do.

Good luck, have fun and hope to see you out on the tourney trail, big boats, car toppers or both!

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 pm

This is the best part of this group, you can fish these tourneys in a bathtub if it works for you. I was nervous at my 1st t because my boat was a little getto, but it wasn't e en remotely an issue. If we get 15 boats signed up for an open tourney, you'll see a beautifully Nitro down to a 10' row boat. As was said, big boats have some advantages, but the boat doesn't catch the fish!

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks for all the info guys everyone seems very nice here. Now that I know I can fish with the bigger boats I have much more of a selection of tournaments that I can attend. I have every other weekend off so if a cartooper tournament fell on my week end to work I would have to wait to attend the next granted its on my weekend off. I didn't want to pull up and unload my 12ft aluminum boat and have everyone staring at me like I'm a Bafoon. I do know I would be at a disadvantage and would much rather attend the cartopper tournaments.

Also do these tournaments usually get big tournouts and fill up quick?

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:55 am

I'm from fall river as well. Most are within a hour or two ride. Not to mention its a great way to learn other ponds and lakes though out the state.

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:59 pm

stratos1966

There is going to be 1 in Norton on April 29th.
It will be posted up in the forum to sign up a week before, so on the 22nd. Just reply in the thread that you are in. As long as there are openings you will be all set.

Tightening my shoe laces Rich ! Lol

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 am

What type of live wells are you guys using in your John boats looking to get something decent thanks

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 am

I use a 48 quart cooler with a battery powered aerator. Haven't had a fish die yet

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 am

deadworm

What type of live wells are you guys using in your John boats looking to get something decent thanks

http://customlivewells.com/default.aspx

Click the link, I had this company make my Custom Livewell to the specs I wanted it, the cheaper route is definately the Cooler Pump Theory but in the event you are looking for something more permanent, especially in a specific size or shape, this ios the place to go, the Owners name is Travis, you can tell him Neil (from Massachusetts) sent You

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:15 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links