Today, I decided to target carp instead of bass. I chumed the area with corn. Used a #6 drop shot hook with about 6 kernals of canned corn. I placed a bobber about 3ft away from the hook. This allowed the hook to still be on the bottom.

Well he made 3 good pulls i believe. Much stronger than any bass i have ever caught!! Hooked right through the top lip. 23" and 5.94lbs, but lets just go with 6lbs Smile

I caught a second carp later, definitely a bigger and stronger fish, he made 5 solid pulls. I prematurely took the hook out without having total control of his body and he squirmed away without a measure or weight.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/6lbscarp.jpg/]
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:48 pm

nice looking fish,congratulations

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Good on ya man. Different sort of fishing but they can be a blast. Glad ya gave it a try and had a good time! If you don't mind me asking where were you fishing? Lake or river? I don't need an exact spot just curious what area.

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Its a smaller pond, pretty shallow and probably around 20 acres. I would say carp are the dominant fish there! I've caught several bass in the pond, but they are really segregated to just one specific area and the carp are everywhere else. Today they were jumping like crazy and clearing the water.

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links