2 weeks ago Lake Rico was frozen over with ice, and last week you could see water around the lakes shore and this weekend it was all clear . I fish for 3 days and did not see anything moving , I believe that the fish are still in deep waters and will not move to shore until the water gets a lot warmer?

What is your thoughts on this?

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

right on, a good week or two of the weather that we have been having will bring them up to the shallows, ussually the first week of april is good.

Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:36 am

Ya man I fished Hampton ponds today and caught nothing defintaly give it 1-2 weeks

Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 pm

What is a good bait to use during the early spring, I just pick up some Jig's and Buzz Bait's , Spinner Bait's from Wall-Mart and some trails. Will it looks like we will be getting a another cold front coming in for the weekend so looking at early April for some fishing.

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:09 am

jigs are your best bet first, and then your buzzbait will come in handy when the spawn rools around, and your spinnerbait will be good between the two. just find active fish and all three will work. Very Happy

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links