Any one have any tips for pike out of the concord? Specifically the bedford concord area, I'm putting in on 225, a canoe with a trolling motor that might get to the bend in great meadows. Just found out about the fishing in there late october and only got in there once. We hit it at dawn, some very good size fish were jumping but not interested in anything we were throwing. Fished probably 5 hours with not a bite. We went up river to avoid getting stuck fighting the current on the way back (the wind we did hit was probably worse than the current would have been) but if there are good spots down the river from there I'm all ears.

I've heard spoons are good for pike but some regional tips would be nice. Steel leader needed or can you get away with heavy braid/floro? Is there a better place to put in/ area to fish?

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Ive been fishing the concord for pike for the past 3 weekends under the river street bridge in billerica. I havent had a nibble yet from a pike tried mackerel on a bobber, mackerel on a sinker and threw all sorts of lures into that section of the river. Im used to pike fishing being slow so i cant wait to get my kayak out for some gators in the next few weeks once the river slows down and the water levels drop. My advice for you would be to stay patient pike fishing can be a slow process most of the time but this is one of the better times of year to catch the big spawning pike in the river. If you have any other questions just message me. Use google earth to find launch spots on the river.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:17 pm

It's a tough time to fish any of the rivers. They are really high and fast with many places for the fish to hole up. The rivers get better once the water drops and the hiding places are fewer so the fish are more concentrated.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm

My plans have changed and looks like I'm going to be on the concord monday instead of hiking Mt Washington. Weather looking good and a trip to dicks and I'm hoping to hook up with my first pike.

Posted Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Fished from 2 to 545 today. Nothing. Maybe a few nibbles while we were trolling but besides that it was like throwing lures into a bath tub. Slight breeze going against the current but for the most part it was flat as can be. Air temp was mid sixties and the thermometer put the water at 51, but when it told us the air was 72 we came to the conclusion it needs to be callibrated.

Posted Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links