Bought a crawdad dwn to the bare bones saturday, an decided to take advantage of the nice weather today an start fixing her up. Hears a few pics, more to come.

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:55 pm

great job!

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks bro, still got a s*** ton to do, but its a start

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:20 pm

I put 2" quick release seat mounts , just hoping it's not to tippy. Looking for advise

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:01 pm

someone gave me a Coleman crawdad gutted it and rebuilt it using electrical galvanized conduits for support worked better that factory what a fishy boat gave to friend of mine and his son
5 years ago still have and still very fishy enjoy it .....

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:08 pm

someone gave me a Coleman crawdad gutted it and rebuilt it using electrical galvanized conduits for support worked better that factory what a fishy boat gave to friend of mine and his son
5 years ago still have and still very fishy enjoy it .....

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Keep it as light as possible. I put a bunch of stuff in my 1st one and it became a PITA loading and unloading it 2-3 times a day when pond hopping. Sold that one and bought another . This one has the bare essentials and is much easier to transport to and from the pick up.

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Oh and make yourself a rudder for the back so you are not spinning in circles. I bought a transom mnount tm bracket, stuck a piece of gavli pipe in it and attached a 8" x 8" piece of PT 3/4" plywood to it

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:38 pm

O yea.. got old trolling motor with a paddle in her for that.. as if weight, with everythin I added so far, she's still way lighter than my Pelican

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:57 pm

my rig so far adding a lowrance soon and a live well for rich's grudge match fishing gonna re do the wiring so the trolling motor and fish finder will be up front and two batteries in the back i will say adding the 8in pedestals was huge and listen to rich when he says to add a rudder its the best thing I've done so far! i used to have a similar rig as the coleman it was a pelican gator had a 3hp on the back 30lb thrust up front with fish finder and wired everything as i stated in the begin for this new boat

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 pm

mikeyl1313

Bought a crawdad dwn to the bare bones saturday, an decided to take advantage of the nice weather today an start fixing her up. Hears a few pics, more to come.

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:34 pm

mikeyl1313

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:39 pm

i love that seat looks super comfortable not that i sit much while i fish but it def is the real deal how much did that run ya??

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:40 pm

simplenate

i love that seat looks super comfortable not that i sit much while i fish but it def is the real deal how much did that run ya??

the seat was 59

Last edited by mikeyl1313 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:43 pm

thats not bad at all wow I'm surprised bass pro I'm assuming??

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links