Hey Guys,

So i've narrowed it down to 2 inflatable boats, by the same company. Can people suggest why one would be better than the other, both are pretty much the same money.

http://www.inflatableboat.net/inflatable-boats-kayaks/inflatable-kaboats/kaboat-sk396/kaboat-sk396_1.jpg
This one has a spot for a motor which I will probably want in the future

http://www.ancientcityboatsales.com/images/FK396_5_1_.jpg
This one is shaped more like a canoe (does not come with black seat) Has 4

Both are 12-13', both made by same company and same material. Have the same internal space left to right(14"). Both have 4 fins for directionality.

I'm assuming the kayak shaped one will have slightly less drag in the water, but might also get turned around easier if the wind blows etc.

So i just wanted some opinions on why I should lean towards one rather than the other.

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 am

Have you checked out Potra Botes? They are great to fish from and are easy to store.
http://www.porta-bote.com/main.php

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:19 pm

just checked them out...very cool, however they are waaaay out of my price range. the 8'6" boat is $2,200

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Don't know how much your lookin to spend.
But, if your bass fishing. There are some times when standing up is better. Check this boat out.
http://www.seaeagle.com/FramelessPontoonBoats.aspx

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm actually looking to spend right around $550-$600. That's a real nice pontoon boat, but the wife...who's buying me the boat as a BDAY present says there needs to be space for her too (for the 1 time a year that I'll talk her into coming out...and then all of the 2hrs she'll probably last on the water Rolling Eyes )

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:44 pm

im selling my boat for 600

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Its gotta be an inflatable, I live in an apartment and have no place to store a solid boat.

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm

with my back being f'd up i would choose the ancientcityboatsales one. with that said, my lame-o seahawk 2 gets me on the water!

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:36 pm

gone_fishing...if your referring to having to sit on the floor, that's not my style either. I prefer to be above the water line, so I plan on bolting a swivel seat to the rear aluminum cross plank. Or, i may actually get longer wooden planks, having the ends hang over the tubes, so i can build in PVC rod holders. I've pretty much made up my mind on the 13' green canoe shaped inflatable.

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 pm

save ur money for a solid boat! no need to by a blow up boat just not worth it. if u just want to get out on the water try a belly boat?

Posted Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Just to update:

I ended up going with the Canoe style boat (2nd link in orig post). I figured its 13' vs 12', so there has to be a few inches more interior space somewhere. Also, I like the way the two aluminum planks are more spaced out in the canoe boat, yielding more space between anglers, vs the other boat.

Finally I figured i'd end up doing more paddling then using a trolling motor (which i don't own yet) and the shape of the canoe would make it easier to get around.

Hopefully it arrives by the weekend, still gotta get a life jacket...I'm not the greatest swimmer, haha.

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:53 am

Ive got a 9•6 sevylor fish hunter they sell a 12 footer too deflates nicely in the trunk of my sports car all together with collapsable oars I spent 250 my wife and I touch knees in it but its great to take out, you might want to look at the 12 footer for 50 more bones they have everythimg u need at bass pro and as far as tracking it takes some getting used to, the boats have alot of air chambers and two tracking chambers on the bottom so depending on a windy day or not you can inflate those, the pvc is pretty thick as well, they can hold a trolling motor or 3 hp out board. Maybe ill see you out there some time ! Good luck

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:03 am

Ive got a 9•6 sevylor fish hunter they sell a 12 footer too deflates nicely in the trunk of my sports car all together with collapsable oars I spent 250 my wife and I touch knees in it but its great to take out, you might want to look at the 12 footer for 50 more bones they have everythimg u need at bass pro and as far as tracking it takes some getting used to, the boats have alot of air chambers and two tracking chambers on the bottom so depending on a windy day or not you can inflate those, the pvc is pretty thick as well, they can hold a trolling motor or 3 hp out board. Maybe ill see you out there some time ! Good luck

Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links