I got to fish at Lake Rico for 2 hours this morning - I caught 2 chain pickerel and a largemouth bass. The bass and one pick came on a 5" baby bass Senko, and the other pick came on a spinnerbait. I had another one grab a junebug-colored lizard, but I didn't get a hook in him... Nothing big, but not bad for 2 hours.

man, this is a fishy lookin' cove, eh? Very Happy

Posted Thu May 06, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm surprise, I fish that area an caught nothing but pan fish. It's a nice cover to fish when it drizzles in the summer.

Posted Fri May 07, 2010 2:16 pm

that was the first time I've got to fish there... we drive by it all the time on the way to my wife's work. I went out there when it was frozen and talked to some ice fisherman, but never managed to wet a line there until yesterday.

I also fished at the other end by the spillway - got one bite and watched a little pickerel follow my spinnerbait, but didn't catch anything.

I'd love to go around there in a canoe or float tube - there are alot of good looking shorelines that can't be fished from the bank...

Posted Fri May 07, 2010 4:56 pm

I caught a 5lb bass last year there. My son and I fish by the spill way a lot threw the summer , A lot by the spill way where the lilly pad's will be growing in soon. There are trails that that will take you to the back of the lake on ether side of the lake. I find I have better luck fishing in the evening around 5-8 with poppers , spinner's and rubber worms. A lot of fisherman like to use shiner's there. I get them for my 10yr son and live worms , so he can get some fish for the fun,

Posted Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 pm

I might head over there in the morning... but right now I'm stuck re-installing Windows on my wife's laptop, and it's 12:57am, so I might not wanna get up. LOL

If you and your son are over at Lake Sabbatia again, go over where that small bridge is on Bay Street and fish on the stream side where it flows out of Sabbatia into Mill River. There's not alot of room down there, but I've caught lots of bass, pickerel and crappies there, and it's almost always a 'sure-bet' spot for sunfish. We took our niece and nephew there when they were young and they just loved catching those little perch on worms under a float.

There's quite abit of current running out of there most of the time, although in the hot summer it can get low... the left side, if you're standing on the bridge and looking towards the outflow, is the best as there's a large section of slack(er) water beside the running faster current. Those crappies I caught last week were from this area.

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am

Yes , I know the spot! If you ever see a Mexican fishing on a chair! {got a injured foot can stand too long} that will be me . Come and say Hi

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 11:43 am

sure thing! If you see a tall guy with a cane, that's me... I can only go out for an hour or 2 at a time due to my back.

Posted Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links