is anyone familiar with Elm Bank? on the natick, Wellesly line.
im talking about .5 of a mile downstream of the South Natick Dam.
im trying to find out if your allowed to fish the Charles in Elm bank..... any ideas anyone?

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:44 am

I have not fished that stretch but there are no restrictons fishing the charles, give it a try!

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:47 pm

thats awesome! im going to try the spot on the right as you exit the one way loop round, a couple of hundred yards before crossing the bridge to leave there is good parking spaces, and walking the 50 feet to the corner there where it joins a little brook looks perfect Carp habitat.... you tried there by any chance?

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm

The web site says it's a new reservation to the system. I used to go out there to visit the Audubon wildlife sanctuary, but that was years ago. I'm in Dedham, so I have access to the Charles much closer, though I might drive out there and check it out some time soon.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:45 pm

oh cool im in Natick so its just a 5 min drive for me, i know Elm Bank well from coaching soccer there, but never even thought about fishing there but i stopped last week with the family to have a look and the swim there looks amazing to fish.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

I drove to Elm Bank today. Just a warning for anyone who's never been there before. There are signs for the canoe launch site. If you keep following them, you'll be back at the entrance. The site - which looks like a good fishing spot - is almost all the way around the property on the right at a small parking lot. There are two signs - one facing the wrong way as you drive, and one very worn and unreadable set at the back of the little parking turnoff. My second time around, I caught a maintenance man right at the parking lot and he directed me to the canoe launch.

Posted Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

i Fished this spot last night 5:30 to just before dusk with my son and nephew. seems to be a great spot, i hooked into two carp one small 8-10lb and another double the size at 15-20lb which i was pleased to find my intuition didnt let me down!
although being the Canoe launch the swim is excellent for taking first timers and kids, the swim is pretty slow moving and almost weed free, when we got there, there was evidence of someone there before us of the tell-tale corn a few feet out in the water.
the carp here suprisingly were in the middle of the river and not to much to the banks as i would normally expect.
check this spot out! on a nice warm early morning i predict ALOT of Carp activity here. not tomorrow though i will be there!! Very Happy Laughing

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 am

@Markb - thanks for the location map and info. I looked up Google Map and here is the parking location for canoe/kayak launch. I will check this spot soon.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.277312,-71.305821&num=1&t=h&sll=42.27694,-71.31058&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=42.277412,-71.305267&spn=0.00086,0.002064&z=20&iwloc=near

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

yes the Canoe launch is there, right as you cross the bridge where Marks signs are. the fishing swim on the corner is NOT the canoe launch, that is right up close to the bridge on the side brook. The canoe launch is located there so as not to disturb fisherman too much in the only real swim on the reservation.

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links