Went out from 7AM to 11:30 with my friend Sean on the Blackstone River. Chummed the spot with canned sweet corn and about 30 minutes later the carp were eating Wonder bread dough balls at our feet. Total for the trip was 4 mirror carp and 4 common carp. Pretty fun way to spend a Sunday morning.

Posted Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:24 pm

good to see you could get into some!

Posted Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Nice job guys. That spot is a very productive area with a good head of fish into the high 20's. A great place to spend an afternoon with some friends.

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:07 am

Do yu know when carp season starts/ends because im starting to start fishing for them.

Posted Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:13 pm

they don't really have a "season" per-say. If you can find them, you can catch them just about anytime of year. Just, certain times of the year are easier than others. mid-spring through late-fall if you were looking for the "easier" times to catch them. Winter is a little tricky, this is when you really need to FIND the fish, then get them in the feeding mood with some freebies (but not too many).

Posted Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:23 pm

We went back on Sunday morning and to my surprise the action was better and the fish for the most part were bigger. Not monsters but most were over the 5 pound mark with some pushing 10 pounds. My friend, Sean lost a solid 15 pounder just out of net range.

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:21 am

Nice job! Never fished for one. But they have interested me for awhile.

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:58 am

jwall046

Nice job! Never fished for one. But they have interested me for awhile.

It can be fun to have one rod setup with a carp rig on the end with some bread or corn on it, while bank fishing for bass. its what I usually do, the activity from the bass will draw carp into the area a lot of times too.

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:20 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links