Finally got some fly fishing gear and two days out fishing with four fish under my belt I am hooked four Salmon on one river
[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/eastciderida/media/IMG_20131104_142642_zps2e3b37d9.jpg.html]
[/URL]

[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/eastciderida/media/IMG_20131106_074935_zpsef76f969.jpg.html]
[/URL]

[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/eastciderida/media/20131106_075350_zpsf66e7504.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Great job Nice to see you back around, it is getting cold out!!!

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Congrats!

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Nice dude!

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:48 am

3 browns and a chrome dome?sweet
were did you get them ? looks like they been in the river for a lil bit.. guessing black whole or trestles?

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Second person that has told me browns all the locals say landlock salmon bait shop near bye same thing salmon. The shape of them are salmon the color not so much but wqs told the ones that stay in the river are showing darker colors then years before idk they were fun to catch and better to release

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Congrats! I haven't caught a trout on fly rod. I didn't use it enough.

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

i think the locals a rite.. i forget how it goes but i think a more forked tail means salmon? .... they may be landlocks.. thats awesome either way great catch im jelous. The salmon river is truly special place .. esp. after salmon season.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 am

100% Landlocks for sure. Nice job.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am

these are salmon. The top one looks like brown but the tail is different. I don't think brown exist in the res any more. Maybe they are still there but none caught brown in years.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 am

willy68

these are salmon. The top one looks like brown but the tail is different. I don't think brown exist in the res any more. Maybe they are still there but none caught brown in years.

from what ive heard they are still there just not as many!!!

damn i want to catch a salmon!!! either fly rod or spinning I JUST WANT TO CATCH ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Congrats!!!

Can you tell me which lure did you use? if you don't want to say it, then where are you catch them at? bottom of river or suspense column of river?

I caught brown trout in CHU at recently summer. I thought it was landlocked salmon. I did bring it into to check with wildlife biologist to identified the fish. But they told me it was brown trout, not salmon.

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Male salmon and brown trout look alike. The shape of the tail is different. The trout tail is flat, salmon tail is a bit forked.

deaffisherman

Congrats!!!

Can you tell me which lure did you use? if you don't want to say it, then where are you catch them at? bottom of river or suspense column of river?

I caught brown trout in CHU at recently summer. I thought it was landlocked salmon. I did bring it into to check with wildlife biologist to identified the fish. But they told me it was brown trout, not salmon.

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:12 pm

this one that I was talking about brown trout at earlier comment.

See what I mean.. Even wildlife biogolist almost couldn't identify it. But they assumed it was brown trout due to his tail.. That's only different that they can apart from landlocked salmon. (I assumed that brown/LL salmon was spawned together to make hybrid like this?) But even it is brown trout anyway...

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links