Hi all-I'm new to the site (great stuff on here!) and wanted to say hello to the fishing community.

I live in the Medfield area and wanted to ask for hot spot recommendations. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thx

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Kevin,

I live in Millis and can tell you a few good spots.

Medfield:
Danielson Pond (Nice shore fishing)
Cemetery Pond (In the actual cemetery on 109, some small bass, catfish, lots of little panfish)

Norfolk:
Kingsbury Pond (Clear spring water, deep. Public beach, good swimming. Great for a kayak/canoe)
Populatic Pond (Feeds into the Charles. Good bass, pickerel, rainbow trout, has a public boat launch)

Millis:
South End Pond (Good bass if you have a boat, feeds into the river)

And of course the Charles River pretty much anywhere. There are several ponds on Rt. 27 south of 109. Danielson is my favorite. There is a Kingsbury Pond in Medfield too. It sucks. Kingsbury in Norfolk is great.

Hope this helps.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 am

Oh, I forgot, Holt Pond at the Noon Hill trustee land. Small bass, lots of crappies.

If you head toward Millis on 109 from Medfield, make a left on Causeway. A little ways down, is a small bridge that spans one of the Charles offshoots. The bridge is a good bass/pickerel spot.

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks for the ideas! Most appreciated.

Not sure if you've tried Rocky Woods in Medfield. I was there yesterday and saw no action at all Sad

Posted Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Rocky Woods sucks. I've been a handful of times and caught a total of 4 tiny bass and two little picks. Beautiful for hiking and picnics, but bad for fishing.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links